Push notifications just stopped

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah i had switched to usa and it started working.

but i dont know why.

ive switched back to nz and got some notifications just dont know how reliable it is.

i am getting line and intruder notifications on grey market chinese id updated cia brick fix to 5.4 and 5.4.5.

I put it down to hikvision again.
nothing works seemless.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Changed back to Oceania when things were working, worked for 5 or so days , changed nothing & now today push notifications are broken again none all day.

Hikvision I mean Sickvision - why so hard to keep everything running?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think your user is associated with hik-connect?

I am not using hik connect and formerly I havent needed a user to login, use hik-connect to get push notifications.

Now you mention it is there a login on the 4.7.3 ivms? Mine was working 5 days ago without using the "login" on ivms which is hik-connect.

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh no not hik-connect, I'm still talking about ivms-4500. I mean the login to your NVR. If you check under System, User Management on your NVR settings you can add another user besides admin. Just come up with a new name, give it the same rights (select all), add a password and use those credentials when adding your NVR into ivms-4500. With Ivms even if you are using your own dynamic dns service or if you have a fixed IP wan, you still need credentials to login to your NVR through port forwarding or even VPN.

Oh and can't remember if you are connecting directly to your cameras or through an NVR but it doesn't matter. In either case, you'll need a username/pw.

It's worth a try and it might be related to how the server is filtering. Hopefully this is the fix and everytime it times out we can create a new user and refresh the link.

Last edited:

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, make sure all your clocks are synced to the same time server. I use time.google.com. I also live in California so I have to setup DST on everything. We just transitioned to DST earlier this month and I noticed my router was behind one hour. I believe a firmware update unchecked the automatic DST setting. I made sure all my devices had the correct time and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it as well.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi i connect to my cameras direct no nvr.

Notifications used to work and then I upgraded from ivms 4.6 to 4.7.3.

Notifications stopped instantly.

After 7 days of failure I changed to region USA and it started working push notifications.

Then again after a couple days the notifications stopped for me again. Changing regions to UK and USA made no difference in ivms.

I notice a "login" in the ivms screen see attached , I think this is for Hikconnect which ive never bothered using before.

I'm so sick of Hikvision issues... my friends have

Attachments

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
An update.

I happened to look in the alarm set notifications ivms option and ALL 5x cameras had been switched off.

I dont know how this would have happened. I did not do it.

Since turning on ive had a motion notification.

Post it so others know to check Set Alarm Notification hasnt mysteriously been disabled.

This wasnt the cause of my original issues.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey thanks.
Ive already had push notifications working for a number of years with this config..

My problem starting a month ago was after upgrading to ivms 7.4.3. it all stopped working.

Then by fluke changing region got it working, then it stopped again, then i noticed IVMS had disabled all Alarm Notifications for every camera.

Now I have them working again albeit some cameras that are on 5.4.5 release I can't always click on the alarm and it start and play the record back.

It fails to play.

But when I go and do a manual day search for that camera and time it is there and I can play it.

Its always something with Hikvision.

Also they changed what looks like a 24 hour play back period default in 7.4.3 ivms, but i discovered if you set your day and time you want and tap your phone screen one more time it backs out where you can play just that time.

If you use the arrow to select the camera it defaults back to 24 hours.

lbroudy4

n3wb
Reaction score
First go to User Management:

Add a User:

On Ivms-4500, you enter your camera manually and fill in the fields.

Me too, go into my devices where you see the pictures of your cameras. Then go to alarm notification alarm notification must be turned on. However press enable under alarm notifications. That's the part I missed when you see scheduled notifications this should be turned off I repeat off unless for some reason you want to schedule notifications and it must be entered into the schedule. If you do not want to schedule notifications like I did not it's simply turn it off. If you leave it on and it is blank you will get no emphasize no notifications. Hope that helps

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Notifications on IVMS 4500 (adroid 9/10/11) last 2 years worked fine since yesterday they stopped. I am getting a "failed to register the push server" and I can't turn them on,
at the "set alarm notification" on phone. Not even when connected to LAN. Everything else works fine.
Same on a friends NVR (same 7716NXI Acu Sence).

I change the region to rest of Europe (Germany, Portugal, Italy, Spain) and also UK and I get the same "failed to register the push server" .
Then I change to USA and I can enable "set alarm notification", but I cant receive any.

In all cases above live view is working fine, also notifications on IVMS 4200 never stop working.
Application has the last update from Hikvision app store (stopped updating the one in google store)

Any ideas, anyone?

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update.
Yesterday everything was fixed by itself. The "set alarm notification" is working again on IVMS 4500
and I am getting no "failed to register the push server" error messages.
Notifications are coming immediate at phone.
It seems that it was Hivision Europe servers problem.

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Dimo!

Can you confirm your iVMS-4500 push notifications are still working?

It's been about 2 months since mine worked on iOS/iPhone, but if they are working on Android still, I think I'll go out and buy an Android phone specifically for this feature.

I've tried the Hik-Connect app, but unlike iVMS-4500 it does not support notifications from my external PIR sensors via the Alarm IO - which is a bummer...

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Notifications on IVMS4500 stoped working again from 16/6. Mail and notifications on IVMS4200 work ok

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SOLVED!

I had imvs-4500 notifications working great with my Motorola Z2 Force phone for 2+ years. In the beginning I did have issues as referenced above but it has been stable since.

Now, I switched to a Samsung Galaxy S21+ and notifications don't work. I compared all the settings with my Motorola and tested, tested and tested. The Motorola would get notifications right away and my Samsung got nothing. I uninstalled, reinstalled, etc to no avail. I found this Ivms-4500 direct from Hikvision which had a newer version number than the Play store version 4.7.12. I uninstalled the Play Store version and installed the Hikvision download. I had to agree to install it even though I was warned play protect wouldn't allow it because it was potentially infected. But... the main thing is it worked!!!

For Ios users there is a version 4.7.10 if you slide the tab on the top to ios. Try that and see if things work again.

I am receiving notifications again.

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have already the last version from Hivision download center. This is not the problem for me. In fact it is not "my side" problem at all.
Checked with various phones and NVRs and networks.
Hikvisions notification servers in Europe stop working for 3 week, then work again, then stop.
They start working from last week again.