Push Notification

Ohiocam

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 systems I run for Blue Iris and a 4th system a friend has that I setup. All have different settings, since they are all used in different capacities. One setting on all four though is the push notification. Three go to my phone, one goes to his phone (both iphones on 9.1).

Since Friday Oct. 30 around 430pm, neither of us have received any notifications via push. Even trying the "test" button, you get no notifications.

Anyone else experience this? Or is anyone else still getting push notifications?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3 systems I run for Blue Iris and a 4th system a friend has that I setup. All have different settings, since they are all used in different capacities. One setting on all four though is the push notification. Three go to my phone, one goes to his phone (both iphones on 9.1).

Since Friday Oct. 30 around 430pm, neither of us have received any notifications via push. Even trying the "test" button, you get no notifications.

Anyone else experience this? Or is anyone else still getting push notifications?
Welcome to the forum..they are working fine on android...hopefully someone with ios can chime in.

Reaction score

Hi, same issue here and started happening around the same time, 4:30 PM EST, on the 30th. I can only connect to BI (4.2.3.3 x64) on my iPad or iPhone when they're connected via the same wifi network. I cannot connect to BI via the app when I'm on LTE or 4G. I am no longer receiving push notifications either.

I've emailed BI Support several times and have not received a response yet, which is strange because normally they get back to me within a few hours.

Hwinter

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem here. Can't say the exact time, but since Friday afternoon (Oct 30), no notifications.

woodymck

n3wb
Reaction score

Same problem. One system was on 4.1.8.2 updated to 4.2.3.3 with same result...no IOS notifications to iPhone or iPad. Backup system on 3.66...same problem. Both still send notifications to Android devices. Started around Friday.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Same problem. One system was on 4.1.8.2 updated to 4.2.3.3 with same result...no IOS notifications to iPhone or iPad. Backup system on 3.66...same problem. Both still send notifications to Android devices. Started around Friday.
ios must be blocking something..its doesnt seem to be a server end issue...I would check the app permissions...

Reaction score
ios must be blocking something..its doesnt seem to be a server end issue...I would check the app permissions...
I ran through BI's remote access wizard, still no change. I restarted my computer, and also deleted BI from the programs in the firewall list and re-added, and I still cannot connect my ioS devices to the program. I also looked into my app's notification settings on my phone and all was in order.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran through BI's remote access wizard, still no change. I restarted my computer, and also deleted BI from the programs in the firewall list and re-added, and I still cannot connect my ioS devices to the program. I also looked into my app's notification settings on my phone and all was in order.
The push notification issue is not related to remote access or port forwarding, as push notifications dont need any ports open...something apple is doing is blocking push notifications...hopefully the developer will sort it...Not sure about your remote access issue as others dont seem to be experiencing this..have you double checked your ip address? tested for open ports via canyouseeme.org?

woodymck

n3wb
Reaction score
Nothing changed on either system. Exactly one year ago brent112 posted this message on here.

I received an email from Ken saying he is working on it. He said it seemed to be an issue with his Apple Account and he has a ticket opened with Apple on it.

Same thing happens on same day in 2015. Maybe just a coincidence. Hopefully, he'll get it sorted out soon.

Reaction score
The push notification issue is not related to remote access or port forwarding, as push notifications dont need any ports open...something apple is doing is blocking push notifications...hopefully the developer will sort it...Not sure about your remote access issue as others dont seem to be experiencing this..have you double checked your ip address? tested for open ports via canyouseeme.org?
Thank you for the reminder, I went in BI and saw that my external IP inexplicably changed. I just changed the WAN IP on the app to match and can access BI on my PC via the app again (without being on the same wifi network, that is). However, I'm still not getting push notifications. So, one problem down, one to go...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reminder, I went in BI and saw that my external IP inexplicably changed. I just changed the WAN IP on the app to match and can access BI on my PC via the app again (without being on the same wifi network, that is). However, I'm still not getting push notifications. So, one problem down, one to go...
You wan ip changed because your address is dynamic...you can use the psudo dynamic dns built into blue iris, blue iris options>about register my ip...or use a service like, dynu, no-ip, dyndns, afraid.org