PTZ w/ good zoom, quality in low light, and motion tracking

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
Great forum. So much info. Been reading and learning a lot. Thank you.

Can someone please recommend an outdoor PTZ camera with good zoom that's good in low light conditions, and has automatic motion tracking? It seems like a lot of the dahua models and dahua rebrands by empiretech are popular. Any of those in particular, or other branded cameras, that I should check out?

Target price range.. up to $1k, but if there's a substantial jump in quality by going up to $2k, please let me know.

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what about the 2MP 49225 @wittaj
Andy is the only one that still had it with autotracking and he has sold the last one, so other than the 49425 which wouldn't be as good in low light, we are now at the double the price PTZs for autotracking.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not yet, but fingers are crossed that the chip shortage ends soon and Dahua can get @EMPIRETECANDY a PTZ with a 1/1.8" or 1/1.2" sensor!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You better jump on it then!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY. Does the automatic tracking of SD5A425XA-HNR and SD8C440FD-HNF work good with BlueIris, or do I need a Dahua NVR?
Not really need a NVR, all of our cams can work well with BI. If you already have BI ,just use the BI.
If want to use a NVR would be a plus for the AI functions. That super ptz not just perfect pics but also has tons of smart functions.

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info @EMPIRETECANDY and @wittaj . I pulled the trigger on the SD5A425XA-HNR from the Amazon store. Is there anything else I'll need to buy separately for that like a mount or casing to cover wires, etc? I have a poe+ switch so should be gtg there.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great choice!

It comes with a mount, so you would only need a junction box depending on where/how you are installing it.

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again @EMPIRETECANDY and @wittaj , I ordered that junction box you mentioned, but am now thinking about ceiling mounting it under the soffit instead of doing a cutout box on the vinyl siding. Looking at the PFA111+PFB300C option for mounting it from soffit, it seems like that will be drop down at least 2 feet from the soffit, as the camera is 13" and the PFB300C mount looks almost as tall as the camera. Does that sound about right? Are there any other lower profile ceiling mount options, like a shorter version of the PFB300C?

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
Ohh, based on this thread it looks like I can just use that ceiling mount and not use the long tube. That seems perfect. @EMPIRETECANDY do you have a link to this ceiling mount on your Amazon store?

arec

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.