PTZ fails after firmware update

numi123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Oleglevsha,

I had the same problem with my Cam.
Your SW was updated and the Cam is working again.
Thanks a lot
Best regards

Jim

Reaction score
Hi all, I have managed to work out a fix for both dead PTZ and Pink haze as listed below. But what I am now after is any info on PTZ setup namely Auto Tracking, is that an option on these? I haven't tried XMEYE app yet but am looking to get into the PTZ OSD Menu if that is possible via IE web interface or a Config program. Cheers

I bought a similar camera to this 30x PTZ XM based. Purchased 25.03.2021 in NZ
Camera arrived Blurry image (out of focus) and no response from PTZ controls for PT zoom or focus. using IE and Net Surveillance plugin
I am a CCTV tech and am a little familiar with Quali which use XM chip.
I managed to connect to Dahua NVR via Onvif but no PTZ functions and still out of focus.
After changing every relevant setting I still had no fix
Contacted supplier who has not yet replied and has relisted a new item, I will be interested to see whether they reply as even though I managed to revive the camera it would have been a paperweight had I not had the clues I have and persistence. This forum helped a lot.
I tried updating FW several times but it failed. I kept hunting, found the XM website and selected Chinese and searched for FW. None appears in the English site. Google translate helped here to navigate to the page. But there was no FW matching my Camera. I found the one linked on this forum a few pages back
ПО и прошивки для камер видеонаблюдения Dahua, Hikvision, XM
This worked but after having no luck updating via the web interface I used Device Manager which I also found via a link in the earlier parts of this Thread. Then IP search, Selected the camera and performed a FW upgrade. The process said it worked but it appeared the camera still showed as having the original FW version number. However upon testing the PTZ feature now worked.
I then waited until dark to check the Pink haze issue which sure enough came along.
I noticed the camera was initially OK and IR working well until a car drove past and its lights were caught in the camera, at that point the camera went from B&W to Pink or Magenta.
I noticed in light areas it had colour, I went into the Web interface again and selected B&W for Day Night mode, This was on Star IR. it switched the camera into B&W and fixed the issue which I believe is simply due to the IR lights giving off a strong Red glow and the image sensor still looking for full colour. I will run it again tonight to test again but hopefully this has fixed both issues, the camera works great with my basic Dahua NVR as well as mobile phone control via DMSS platform. Pretty happy, now to try setup Auto tracking. I will list that question above as that is my current focus.
Hello! What model is your camera?
My seller send me a link to but the Focus is out and the PTZ functions still not working.
My model is NZ4RN-34718
XM530_80X30T_8M
The original firmware V5.00.R02.000309ED.10010.348700.0020000
Atual firmware V5.00.R02.000309ED.10010.348700.0020010

dedede

n3wb
Reaction score
Original firmware from your seller doesn't have AF function. None of official will work for this board

Reaction score
Hello.
Other seller on Aliexpress sended me the correct firmware to NZ4RN-34718 (XM530_80X30T) the link to firmware is

This firmware solved my trouble. Thank you all.

aibarz

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you tell me how to turn off the infrared at night since leaving it on makes the cctv extremely hot. All 8 of its ir are on instead of 4. The model is nz4rn 34718. There is no option in my nvr.
Good day,

I have the same camera. About your problem i solved with disconnecting the wires that supply power to the leds...:

You have to open the back cover,
take off the 4 screws,
then inside take the 4 big screws that you can see at each corner (big care with thin cables and everything inside)
disconnect with care the 6 cable connector that is with the led board at front (lcr and all leds will be offline)
thats all...

mine worked finally well without temperature problem or pink colour image anymore.

Hope that solves your problem....

Now I have other strange problem and non-related (i am 200% sure as my led roundabout worked for months)... I tryed to change the IP address to x.x.1.231. The camera rebooted, doesnt answer to x.x.1.231 but it answers to 1.10 pings but no web, onvif nor cms access.

Do you now any way to "reset" the camera? no inside button to reset. Only the strange 12901 port open and replying ACK with nmap (wireshark doesn't show any network message from camera on boot/switch on it).
Any help will be appreciated ;-)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good day,

I have the same camera. About your problem i solved with disconnecting the wires that supply power to the leds...:

take off the 4 screws,
then inside take the 4 big screws that you can see at each corner (big care with thin cables and everything inside)
disconnect with care the 6 cable connector that is with the led board at front (lcr and all leds will be offline)
thats all...

mine worked finally well without temperature problem or pink colour image anymore.

Now I have other strange problem and non-related (i am 200% sure as my led roundabout worked for months)... I tryed to change the IP address to x.x.1.231. The camera rebooted, doesnt answer to x.x.1.231 but it answers to 1.10 pings but no web, onvif nor cms access.

Do you now any way to "reset" the camera? no inside button to reset. Only the strange 12901 port open and replying ACK with nmap (wireshark doesn't show any network message from camera on boot/switch on it).
Any help will be appreciated ;-)
Hello. I did have same trouble. Solved reflashing the firmware. But be careful, the new firmware can make you lost the PTZ functions.

aibarz

n3wb
Reaction score
i have not access to web 80, xmeye nor cms apps... but it answers pings... don't undestand at all.

tryed to use general device manage but software cannot communicate with the camera (not found)

any info about tftp mode to upload these firmware o a way to "reset" the settings without upload a firmware?

thx

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have not access to web 80, xmeye nor cms apps... but it answers pings... don't undestand at all.

tryed to use general device manage but software cannot communicate with the camera (not found)

any info about tftp mode to upload these firmware o a way to "reset" the settings without upload a firmware?

thx
Hello.
You will need open the camera e use the UART port to flash the firmware directaly to the chip
The chip in your camera (same mine) is this (look the P5 port):
Screenshot_20210417-015755_AliExpress.jpg

Many informations here

You will need something like this to insert the firmware on the chip

about TFTP, maybe this is usefull

In the TTL-RS232-USB not conect the VCC pin. Is necessary only the TX, RX and GND (The VCC will be provided by the camera when you turn on it)
Something like this (look the gadget on USB - this image shows other board - do not look the board on this image)
gadget on usb.jpg

This site has many informations usefull (use google translator)

You will need read a lot of foruns until feel safety to try this procedure.
If you have any question, i can try help you when a have a free time

redf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have similar issue, did auto-update via xmeye app and now PTZ and focus doesn't work.
Current firmware version is: V5.00.R02.00030679.10010.349b00.0020010
I don't know which version was installed previously
Cam version: XM530_80x50_8M
Cam model: NZR10X-52710
I've contacted seller on aliexpress and he sent me firmware file, but I'm unable to flash it.
I've tried with VMS software from Polyvision - it just fails with unknown error.
Also tried with web interface, it doesn't give errors, but I can see "Upgrade [Exception]" in logs.
Is there anything I'm missing in order to get successful upgrade?
Maybe the file they sent is wrong, could you please help me to find the correct file?

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello. I did have same trouble. Solved reflashing the firmware. But be careful, the new firmware can make you lost the PTZ functions.
What firmware did you use? I've tried all sorts, most supplied by the seller, but it either wouldn't load as it was incorrect or it made no difference.

Last edited:

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good day,

take off the 4 screws,
thats all...

Thanks, I had already opened one up and I have tried to insert a chip to swith one set off when they should be off. It seems their are two independent supplies to the 2 banks but the supplies don't have a common negative or positive and my electronics are basic.

Last edited:

queen-shit

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea how to reset the admin password for this camera? Is there any tool to achieve that?

jarma

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, please help. I have camera Anbiux H.265 3MP PTZ IP Camera 2MP 30x ZOOM WATERPROOF HI3516E 1080P Mini Speed Dome Camera Outdoor Ir 60m CCTV Security Camera. I have a problem with IR Red .. I want to talk about what is the best setting settings. I send pictures, I have an Intelligent Infra. When I turn the camera into a dark place, the camera is fine and darkens ... At this point where I want to have it too light and therefore has a red color. Thanks for the advice necessary to set the Day / Night Mode. Thanks
fgj.pngguji.png

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, please help. I have camera Anbiux H.265 3MP PTZ IP Camera 2MP 30x ZOOM WATERPROOF HI3516E 1080P Mini Speed Dome Camera Outdoor Ir 60m CCTV Security Camera. I have a problem with IR Red .. I want to talk about what is the best setting settings. I send pictures, I have an Intelligent Infra. When I turn the camera into a dark place, the camera is fine and darkens ... At this point where I want to have it too light and therefore has a red color. Thanks for the advice necessary to set the Day / Night Mode. Thanks
View attachment 95458View attachment 95459
reboot the camera in daylight