PTZ fails after firmware update

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Chinese camera with model number NM4RT-20718A on the label on the outside.

It did an automatic firmware upgrade and the PTZ stopped working immediately. The seller won't help and I did initially get some help from the manufacturer but that's now stopped.

I know the motors etc are OK as every 24hrs it does a sequence of movement and zooming.

Onivf device manager shows the model as;
HI3516EV100_50H20L_S38

and the firmware as;
V4.02.R12.00035520.12012.047500..ONVIF 2.41

the original firmware was;
V4.02.R12.00035520.11012.047500 ONVIF 2.41

I have downloaded this firmware;
General_HZXM_IPC_HI3516EV100_50H20L_S38_V4.02.R12.Nat.OnvifS.HIK.20180829

Which is for it, as supplied by the manufacture, and it seems to install OK but the firmware still shows as V4.02.R12.00035520.12012.047500..ONVIF 2.41

I think this is a Hikvision clone and SADP shows the model as a DS-2CD3T20D-I3 with software version V5.4.0build 160601 and DSP version V7.3 build 160713.

TFTP recovery doesn't work.

Anyone any ideas other than don't buy Chinese!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is a Hikvision clone and SADP shows the model as a DS-2CD3T20D-I3 with software version V5.4.0build 160601 and DSP version V7.3 build 160713.
No, that's Xiongmaitech firmware that has a 'hikserver' facility that partly responds to the Hikvision command&control protocol.
It's quite common these days, on other sources of firmware also.

This may be where you sourced the older firmware V4.02.R12. IP Camera Firmware Download
If not, worth a look around as it's a pretty good repository if you can figure out what's what.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I had tried that site but no joy I'm afraid

Reaction score
exactly same. I've managed to solve that by installing firmware from aliexpress ftp, not sure about address now, but it was definitely HSecurity files, but unfortunately lost PTZ control... I've noticed, by dissembling whole camera thar First connected board , after PoE injector is with ARM STM32F103 chip, than next one is lan8710a designator, and its connected to outer board with micro sd card slot, mic , spicer, battery and so on. And finally that is connected to Hi3516 V100 and cmos5239 together with zoom and focus lens. I've been trying to disconnect signal cables from Hi3516 till the end but no reaction !! PTZ Tour was still out of control moving my camera UFFF I've got enough for today...

I'm starting to belief that Chinese are doing this on purpose. Look producers of hardware components had to open their stocks for regular consumers, hobbyists, startups and so on, theyre main purpose however is BIG and medium camera producers. By providing shitty chip cameras, with functionality of expensive big brand professional camera sytems, witch will be gone within a month or so THEY ARE ACTUALLY PROTECTING THEIR MARKET ...

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is slightly different as there is no mic or SD card.

I initially had a problem with the camera doing a tour and nothing would get it to stop. At the time I didn't know it was a tour and I thought it was doing a reboot of the PTZ. Nothing would stop it and I ended getting a refund though eBay but keeping the camera as eBay ruled the seller was being totally unreasonable in wanting me to pay to return it to China though it was sold in and from the UK. After more experiments I found it was a tour and the only way to stop it moving was to set the tour call locations to the same place. It was then that it did the auto firmware update, the PTZ stopped and the tint came.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The actual cameras don't seem bad at all but different sellers seem to use different firmware.

The Floureon 18x zoom version also has a bug in its firmware. If you set the MJPEG resolution to 'closed' the camera will work fine but it will reboot about every 15 minutes!

Reaction score
Dear friend, I have heard good news. From the seller
Early version firmware was provided
After reinstalling this firmware and proceeding with the menu initialization,
Will work normally again
I don't know when the firmware download site will close
Fast download

View Share - FangCloud

the original firmware was;
V4.02.R12.00035520.11012.047500 ONVIF 2.41

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the link, well done. :)

The PTZ now works though the IR colour is still purple tinged, but I can live with that.EDIT- removing the power and restarting fixed that. :)

Auto update is now turned off and camera has no access to the internet. (It only had temporary internet access in case an auto update was available).

Last edited:

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm still having problems, it seems that as soon as you put preset positions into the PTZ it starts doing a cruise between the positions and I can't find any way to turn it off!!

Does yours do the same?

Reaction score
Purple tinged can be found in Remote Settings-Camera Settings.
Appears when IR mode is released
When shooting in the dark
This is not a problem when using IR mode

Reaction score
The PTZ Tour is still out of control.
I want to test if it can work with other CMS programs
But unfortunately I don't have another free CMS program

westwoodx

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the persistent PTZ tour problem and was just about to give up on it, when I found out how to fix it.
It is caused by the camera having a default idle mode which will run Patrol 1 after 60 seconds.

To turn this feature off you have to call Special preset 95 to bring up the camera on screen display. Once in this mode, navigate to Special Function menu using the PTZ up/down buttons and select using the right button |(sometimes I had to call Preset 95 again to enter).
Select the Idle Func and you should see it's set to patrol 1. Use up key to set this to 'Off'. I think the Left button takes you back out of the menus.

After this has been completed, NO more auto cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, yes I also eventually figured it out but on a couple of the cameras you can't get to the on screen display- these have different firmware to the one in my first post.

jep

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I'm new in this forum. I found it because I have a similar problem.
After an update of my camera the PTZ-function is no longer working.
I have tried to get the original firmware from the seller and finally I get a link to a software.
But now I have the next problem and I'm asking now for help.
How can I install the firmware? The current SW of the camera is useless.
With the ONVIF Device manager it is possible to install a firmware from the internet but not from a local file.
Can somebody help me how to install the firmware from a local file? Do I need a special program on the PC?
My camera: name: NVT x30; model: XM530_80X20_8M; current (useless) firmware: V5.00.R02.00030678.10010.244500..ONVIF 2.41
Thanks for any help
jep

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you open the web server for the camera you should be able to go into the settings and upload it there.

Alternate use CMS program or device manager program.