Progressive Liberal Hypocrisy

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The mayor realizes Seattle is 70% white folks, right? That means 7 white officers out of every 10 would be representative.

Anyhow, the systemically racist, anti-meritocratic, affirmative action policies and rhetoric are not being tolerated any longer.

The only folks still hung up on skin color are racists, and idiots.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Biden Administration Ordered Facebook to Change Algorithms to Suppress Conservatives
Biden Administration Ordered Facebook to Change Algorithms to Suppress Conservatives › American Greatness

As Just The News reports, the documents over to the House Judiciary Committee following a subpoena detail a series of meetings between Facebook executives and White House Digital Director Rob Flaherty in the spring of 2021. The demands from the White House focused on posts related to the Chinese coronavirus and the efficiency of the COVID vaccines.

In one meeting on April 14th, 2021, Flaherty asked Facebook if it was possible to artificially promote outlets such as the New York Times and the Washington Post, instead the Daily Wire and Fox News, particularly commentator Tomi Lahren.

“If you were to change the algorithm so that people were more likely to see NYT, WSJ, any authoritative news source over Daily Wire, Tomi Lahren, polarizing people,” Flaherty asked. “You wouldn’t have a mechanism to check the material impact?”

“We have to explain to President, Ron [Klain], people, why there is misinfo on the internet, bigger problem than FB,” said Flaherty, according to the typed notes from Facebook executives. “Where issues are, what interventions are, how well they are working, for products, want to engage in things that you know to be effective. I don’t even care about specific methodology, you have better, richer data than we’ll ever have.”

Tomi Lahren, who boasted a large following on Facebook, had recently announced that she would refuse to get the COVID vaccine. Meanwhile, Daily Wire had filed a lawsuit against the Biden Administration’s mandate for private workplaces to force its employees to take the vaccine. The Supreme Court eventually struck down Biden’s workplace mandate, while upholding his vaccine mandate for facilities that are funded by Medicare and Medicaid.

“What are the things driving hesitancy on your platform? What is it? How big is the problem? When you are intervening, how are you measuring success?” Flaherty repeatedly grilled the Facebook executives in one meeting.

“Never-before-released internal documents subpoenaed by the Judiciary Committee PROVE that Facebook and Instagram censored posts and changed their content moderation policies because of unconstitutional pressure from the Biden White House,” said Congressman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, on Twitter.

Constitutional scholars have also raised the alarm over the revelations, with George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley saying that he has “asked Congress to pass a law barring federal employees from engaging in censorship and targeting of citizens.”

“Agencies have a right to speak in their own voices,” Turley added. “Instead, the Biden Administration sought to engage in what I have called ‘censorship through surrogate.’ This is part of that pattern.”

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I"m all for spiking the football on failed DEI stuff, but what's the deal with this? Isn't Lebron ponying up some of his own money to help his hometown?
But you’re right in calling me out. The article doesn’t specifically say “why” it failed . I read that into the situation knowing what public education has become. (it’s still part of the public school system in Akron) Pouring money into teachers unions and programs isn’t working.

"This fall's class of eighth graders at the I Promise School hasn't had a single student pass the state's math test since the group was in the third grade. "Not one? In three years?" Akron Public Schools board member Valerie McKitrick asked after that data point was presented to the board earlier this week."

As far as Lebron, good on him. I have no opinion of him as I don’t follow him or “Professional” basketball.

But the “teachers” today ain’t getting it done and all I hear from them is this:

At the NEA’s representative assembly, delegates approved a new measure that calls for the organization and its members to promote sex-change procedures for LGBTQ youth. The new business item will be in place for one year and will update the NEA’s bargaining guidance around LGBTQ issues, such as access to sex-changing procedures for school employees.

Last edited:

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But you’re right in calling me out. The article doesn’t specifically say “why” it failed . I read that into the situation knowing what public education has become. (it’s still part of the public school system in Akron) Pouring money into teachers unions and programs isn’t working.

"This fall's class of eighth graders at the I Promise School hasn't had a single student pass the state's math test since the group was in the third grade. "Not one? In three years?" Akron Public Schools board member Valerie McKitrick asked after that data point was presented to the board earlier this week."

As far as Lebron, good in him. I have no opinion of him as I don’t follow him or “Professional” basketball.

But the “teachers” today ain’t getting it done and all I hear from them is this:

At the NEA’s representative assembly, delegates approved a new measure that calls for the organization and its members to promote sex-change procedures for LGBTQ youth. The new business item will be in place for one year and will update the NEA’s bargaining guidance around LGBTQ issues, such as access to sex-changing procedures for school employees.
That teachers union president reminds me of one of those old time Baptist preachers.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OMG LOL … if this doesn’t bring a smile to your face…. :rofl:

Retailers Strike Back! 7-Eleven Workers Beat Brazen Mega-Shoplifter With A Stick

In what we hope will be looked back on as the pivotal stick-whooping heard 'round the world, two 7-11 workers in California lashed out at a mega-shoplifter who'd defiantly thrown hundreds of cigarette packs into a rolling, 55-gallon trash can.

It's easily the year's most heartwarming video so far. As the action begins, we see a black man, with most of his head covered, brazenly rolling a large, trash bin along a wall full of individual cigarette packs and other nicotine products. ….more

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG LOL … if this doesn’t bring a smile to your face…. :rofl:

Retailers Strike Back! 7-Eleven Workers Beat Brazen Mega-Shoplifter With A Stick

In what we hope will be looked back on as the pivotal stick-whooping heard 'round the world, two 7-11 workers in California lashed out at a mega-shoplifter who'd defiantly thrown hundreds of cigarette packs into a rolling, 55-gallon trash can.

It's easily the year's most heartwarming video so far. As the action begins, we see a black man, with most of his head covered, brazenly rolling a large, trash bin along a wall full of individual cigarette packs and other nicotine products. ….more
I'm surprised the store employees have not yet been indicted..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly, in the red state of Alabama the very blue Huntsville shows its ugly self: