Problem with model c6F0SpZ3N0PcL2 crashing with night vision on

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I recently purchased one of these IP Cams (model c6F0SpZ3N0PcL2) and initially, I was quite happy with the results. It is responsive, and the picture quality is quite good. However, I'm having a technical issue and at the same time, connecting with technical support is challenging due to the difference in timezone.

The problem that I'm having appears to be related to the night vision.

1) The camera works fine as long as there is light; I have the auto-tracking turned on and it works well.
2) The firmware is V22.1.15.16.28-20211207
3) At night, the plan is to use night vision until there is motion, at which point the white light turns on for a short time. This works.
4) It also works if I turn off the white light (IR only).
5) After what is typically less than an hour of nighttime operation, the camera crashes. It makes a repetitive clicking noise. The hang is serious enough that it not only freezes the hardware but the web interface is no longer accessible. It's a system-wide crash, although the "clicking" sound leads me to think that it's stuck in some kind of loop.

The retailer originally diagnosed it as a power problem. I wasn't entirely convinced because I am supplying plenty of power via PoE. However, I bought their power adapter and the same problem still happens.

I've tried turning off different features (auto-tracking, etc) to narrow it down and so far, the only common denominator is the night vision. It runs without issue, seemingly regardless of what configuration I select, as long as I leave the light on all night. Clearly not ideal, but good for troubleshooting.

Has anybody had a similar experience?