Problem with ftp setup on hikvision

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I`ve just purchased a hikvision DS-2CD2032F-IW camera, firmware v5.2.5 and i`m trying to figure out how to get the ftp image upload working with mangocam. They give you a server address something like ftp04.mangocam.com which I can only enter using the iVMS-4200 client as the camera firmware doesnt seem to allow anything apart from ip addresses. But when I try Test in the remote config settings of iVMS i receive an Data error: The data sent to or received from the device is incorrect.

Have also tried mangocams device setup to add a direct stream camera which seems to connect ok but then it doesnt receive any images. The camera itself is working fine over my local network.

Anyone have an idea whats wrong?

Thanks

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok well after about 6 hours of working on this I think i`ve bricked the camera. It appears that the 5.2.5 only allowed ip address for ftp so i checked firmware 5.3.0 info sheet and it said this was fixed in that firmware. So I updated the firmware after finally working out i needed internet explorer (not edge) for it to load the file. I left it for 20 minutes and the screen was still slightly greyed out but said upgrade succeeded, please reboot. So I turned off the power of the camera, and then back on and now its not appearing on the network. Have tried connecting directly to the router, turning router on/off and also trying a reset on the camera (power off, press reset for 10 seconds whilst reconnecting power). But still nothing, I can see a red light but no network connection.

So appears like I have a new paper weight for my desk unless anyone knows of more suggestions?

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks but i`ve even checked all the connected devices to my router and its no longer appearing, either wired or wireless.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How are you powering it? Have you tried an alternate source?
Coincidences do happen. Occasionally.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope power is fine i`m afraid, can see the lights are on and can see the ir leds light up.