Problem with Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 4MP

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 4MP set up that's been showing a blurred video which seems to be getting worse by time. You can see a screenshot of the camera visual in the attachments.

Things I've already checked and tried:
  • Checked the stream from both Blue Iris and directly from camera (main and sub)
  • Played around with various settings and defaults - also reset the camera to default
  • Cleaned the outside of the camera
  • Removed outer casing of the camera and cleaned inside lens - removed any dirt
My question at this point is to just confirm if the camera is defective and should be replaced or if there's anything else I can try?

Thanks

Attachments

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 4MP set up that's been showing a blurred video which seems to be getting worse by time. You can see a screenshot of the camera visual in the attachments.

Things I've already checked and tried:
  • Checked the stream from both Blue Iris and directly from camera (main and sub)
  • Played around with various settings and defaults - also reset the camera to default
  • Cleaned the outside of the camera
  • Removed outer casing of the camera and cleaned inside lens - removed any dirt
My question at this point is to just confirm if the camera is defective and should be replaced or if there's anything else I can try?

Thanks
Did it exhibit this behavior before mounting? Is your focus set to automatic or manual? That view is rather close with multiple things to focus on in both the foreground and background. Maybe test it elsewhere to see if it is the specific location/view that is causing the camera to have trouble focusing.

Reaction score
Did it exhibit this behavior before mounting? Is your focus set to automatic or manual? That view is rather close with multiple things to focus on in both the foreground and background. Maybe test it elsewhere to see if it is the specific location/view that is causing the camera to have trouble focusing.
I can't seem to find any focus settings on the camera settings itself. I will try position it to focus on a single thing and see if it helps.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If this is fixed camera, there will be no focus settings.

Best solution - demount camera and check in hand / controlled situation.
You can do default to factory settings.

If this will not help, probably lens inside had moved and camera lost focus. Or there is humidity inside.

There was in past a few tutorials how to open and refocus camera by hand. But this require some skills.