Prayers Welcomed

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Much better. Talking up a storm, speech 85-90% back to normal, very aware, short term memory back 80%+, mobility getting better each day, though I think she pulled a muscle in her leg Thursday, minor setmback. Swallowing coming along slowly. Discharge date is set for 4/27

I cant say enough good things about the rehab care at Advent Winter Park. State of the art, incredible attention and care. She sees usually 3-4 therapists a day. Speech, memory, PT, OT, swallowing, music (yes they have music therapy)

Its still going to be challenging when I get her home, but if you'd have told me she would have come this far on 3/22 I'd have said that wasnt possible.

I spend 5-6 hours per day with her and I'm learning quite a bit trying to take in as much as possible as it will all be on me here in about 10 days. I passed my feeding tube test and was awarded my very own syringes and stethoscope :)
Its still going to be challenging when I get her home, but if you'd have told me she would have come this far on 3/22 I'd have said that wasnt possible.

Let me say, God has made an amazing body of ours. So many think Science has all the cures and they can heal our bodies with all their witch doctor medicines :), LOL just joking :), but in actuality they are only proving help in our bodies natural healing process. Look at all the products at the pharmacies, they are all products to help the symptoms and provides no cure...In Germany a very common practice is induced-comas, allowing our bodies time to naturally heal itself.

Many do not know Public Hospitals were created by Christians...unfortunately they have been taken over by the Greedy...So why do you think Christian's who are said to be against Science, created Doctors? Hmmm :)

Science (Knowledge) is all through out the Bible. Look at Israel, they have found some of the most amazing feats of Science (Knowledge) the world has ever seen. Wonder if God gave them the Wisdom? Hmmm :)

Think about vaccines, all they do is pre-alert our bodies of a possible incoming threat to help our immune systems fight that threat, vaccines are no cure. Don't get me wrong, vaccines are a great tool in helping our bodies immune systems fight against diseases.

What I have witnessed/seen my whole life is amazing (unexplainable by Doctors/Today's Science) recoveries of many family members/friends/co-workers, etc. Prayer is Powerful. Christians are and have always been in the Healing Business (Through God) :)

Sorry for rant, just been wanting to share this...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ll close this thread with a huge thanks to all of you. I am forever grateful.

Mom’s come a long way, still work ahead, but being a strong lady she continues to surprise us and defy the odds.

She had a good Mother’s Day with her Grandaughter and my wife and I, and getting outside for a bit. (Biggest hit of the day was her first ice cream in 6 weeks. She’s an ice cream aholic!)

3145D812-53DF-4893-A1D6-0D45F464AE9B.jpeg 8501D322-FE10-4899-ADB6-76CFE44BBA26.jpeg