PoE Switch Suggestion List

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The item description is contradictory.
On the one hand it states :
Y-Axis Wall Plug PoE Injector Power Over Ethernet Supply 802.3af 48V 24W 0.5A for Security IP Camera
On the other it states it's a passive injector.
POE Type: Passive POE ( Pins 4,5 V+, Pins 7,8 V-)
☀ Input 100-240VDC, Output: 48V 24W passive PoE Output
From the price - it's probably passive.
I would not buy it.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Where can I find POE injector for:
Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS
Mainly will be used during camera installation, to verify the camera is placed properly and captures the areas I care about.
I saw the part list (in the first page of this post), but not sure what to choose

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and give info on the switch I've been using. This one is probably overkill for most homes, but a solid option for those with lots of cameras:

HP JE007A - 24port 365W poe+ GBe managed switch w/ some L2 features

I bought mine used from ebay for $150 last year, and there are still plenty available for those looking to power lots of cams:

This router also has 4 expansion slots for fiber link for those who would need it. The switch is very loud, and contains a total of 9x 40mm delta fans (so swapping quiet fans is an expensive chore). That said, I have the switch running in a closet that regularly exceeds 90F, and it is rock solid reliable.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone use this ??
ZyXEL GS1900 Series 8-Port GbE Smart Managed PoE Switch

Theckie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a Cisco POE switch that could be recommended for Blue Iris?
It gets really confusing with all the specs and numerous product numbers.

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone use this ??
ZyXEL GS1900 Series 8-Port GbE Smart Managed PoE Switch
Yes, sort of. Bought one on 01-31-20 for $95 at Amazon. I see the price is now $120. Wow, that's a big jump. Might drop back down if you wait a bit. You never know.
I was vacillating between the managed GS1900-8HP and the unmanaged GS1008HP for $20 less ($70). Chose the managed to have the ability to control power to individual POE ports per another forumites suggestion. It also has 10W of extra power (60W vs 70W), which most likely will never come into play for my system. All the other L2 network jibber-jabber is beyond my comprehension and is disabled or not used but I take it the switch offers lots of optional parameters to customize. I've only bench tested the switch and so far it's okay, but plan to put it into service very soon. Sorry I don't have more history in using this model switch. I do like the web user interface, which could be the same for the unmanaged switch. A few other forumites have recommended the unmanaged GS1008HP model. ZyXel gear appears to be quality products supported by a decent company. Time will tell.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just wanted to update...
I've found a power adapter of an old router (with matching volt and amp rating).
It works, it's make installation easier (NVR is big and I don't have a POE switch).
thanks

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dang, that's a really nice switch! Is there a particular reason you need all those features? AFAIK, there's no such thing as a POE switch that is "not recommended for Blue Iris"... poe is just a way to power what's on the other end of the cable and BI could care less about that. Some folks like to use managed poe switches, because they have networking experience and want to divide things up into vlans.

Theckie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We use Cisco at work and I like its robust build. POE+ in case I have a higher power requirement. Would like the 10GB uplink, but depends on the price I can find. Would like up to 3 switches as I expand. VLAN, GB ports, as you know many features. A great bang for the buck and if I can get 24P-E with 10GB under $200 would be a great bonus.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@giomania
Is there a PoE switch which doesn't rely on a power supply and can simply be powered off another PoE switch, provided sufficient wattage is available? Would probably serve as a great fail-safe measure if included power supply ever looses function.
yes...netgear make one....i forgot the model.