POE ONVIF compatible doorbell with WiFi/poe chimes

SgtBarrett

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems the idea of a good, POE doorbell that activates a mechanical doorbell and connects to an NVR like BlueIris, is dead... Unless I wanna spend $500-$1000... 3 years of waiting, [sigh].

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems the idea of a good, POE doorbell that activates a mechanical doorbell and connects to an NVR like BlueIris, is dead... Unless I wanna spend $500-$1000... 3 years of waiting, [sigh].
No it's not.
The Reolink DB can be had in POE version, connects to Blue Iris and with a little work, can activate an electro-mechanical chime.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
No it's not.
The Reolink DB can be had in POE version, connects to Blue Iris and with a little work, can activate an electro-mechanical chime.
mine has been working great since day 1. although using sighthound, and the plug in chime.

to this day, i still dont understand why people want it to ring their old school chime.

fornost

n3wb
Reaction score

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No it's not.
Does anyone have the model number on that? wouldn't mind googling that up

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No it's not.
Does anyone have the model number on that? wouldn't mind googling that up

With a bit of an extra effort one can have Reolink activate mechanical doorbell. See this thread: Reolink Video Doorbell with Standard Electro/Mechanical Chime Guide. I have it running like that for a bit over half a year and I'm quite happy.
oooooohohohohooooo that thread is just using a wireless to to click over relay for the wired. i'd rather it not rubgoldberg like that. and i see a barrel connector, is that using a poe splitter for power and wifi?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.... i see a barrel connector, is that using a poe splitter for power and wifi?
No, re-read step #3 again:

Step 3) Temporarily power things up.
Prior to installing the Reolink Video Doorbell or MHCOZY in their permanent locations, we need to pair things up. This is best done on a work table where we can power the two up next to each other. First, power up your Reolink Video Doorbell. Depending on the model you have, this can be done by either plugging in a POE ethernet cable (POE version obviously), or by hooking up the 24VDC adapter that comes with the WiFi version.

oooooohohohohooooo that thread is just using a wireless to to click over relay for the wired. i'd rather it not rubgoldberg like that.
Then don't....your choice, man! :cool:

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read this thread, there's a bunch of talk about a few of us using Reolink doorbells (POE and Wifi) with existing mechanical chimes. In my situation I had two doorbells (front door and side door) and two mechanical chimes (one upstairs one downstairs). Each chime would make a different tone depending on what doorbell was pressed (so you knew what door to go to). I wanted to retain all that functionality but with Reolink doorbells. This thread explains how I managed to do that.

fornost

n3wb
Reaction score
oooooohohohohooooo that thread is just using a wireless to to click over relay for the wired. i'd rather it not rubgoldberg like that.
I agree, it's not ideal. However taking different factor into account I think for me it's good enough. There was even a benefit - I wasn't limited by the location of the existing wiring.

and i see a barrel connector, is that using a poe splitter for power and wifi?
I think that was for initial setup phase on the desk. This doorbell exists in POE and WiFi versions but this is orthogonal to the approach used in that thread which works with any of them.