Please help with Log details!

itsme74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! This is my first post and hope someone can help. I’ve been trying to figure this out for a long time now.
I keep seeing this in my Log where it says “Save <P2P> config!” and I don’t know what that means. Can someone tell me why this keeps popping up? And by the way, there are only two people that have access to the cameras which is myself and my mom. My mom is 77 and knows nothing about the settings on these cameras. She lets me do all the “technical” stuff. I can’t figure out what it could be when neither of us are doing anything in the settings. I rarely check the cameras on my mobile app.
Also, one more thing, it will show a login three times in a row (one user and all three logins within seconds of each) and when the user logs out it shows three logouts and they’re all within seconds of each other but it’s just one user. Can’t figure out why it would login and logout one device three times each at the same time. In the last picture it only shows the login and logout twice but it’s usually three times login and three times logout. IMG_2657.jpegIMG_2659.jpegIMG_2660.jpegThanks for any help in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sounds like you might be hacked and sounds like you are using P2P or port forwarding?

itsme74

n3wb
Reaction score
sounds like you might be hacked and sounds like you are using P2P or port forwarding?

Yes, I’m using P2P but can’t remember if I set up with port forwarding. I don’t think I did. So you think maybe someone else is possibly logging in? I was thinking maybe the “save P2P config” may mean that someone was possibly trying to gain access to my cameras but that’s only a guess.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually if you do P2P that is enough damage LOL, but some then add to it by also port forwarding.

If that was not you logging in and out and saving the P2P configuration, then it sounds like someone hacked in and was changing the P2P to make it even easier for them to get into your entire network.

Maybe they were adding their devices to allow access to the system.

Could be about anything.

itsme74

n3wb
Reaction score
Usually if you do P2P that is enough damage LOL, but some then add to it by also port forwarding.

If that was not you logging in and out and saving the P2P configuration, then it sounds like someone hacked in and was changing the P2P to make it even easier for them to get into your entire network.

Maybe they were adding their devices to allow access to the system.

Could be about anything.
So let me ask you this. Don’t you need P2P in order to view the cameras on your mobile? What can I do to prevent this and still view the cameras on the mobile app?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Before you do anything, I would suggest looking at your router logs and see if you notice anything off.

I would then consider factory reset of the NVR and start over (do not import config file).

But even then, if they hacked in already then they have the serial number of the NVR and could just wait for it to come back online and go thru a backdoor.

At the very least, change the password and consider turning P2P off at least for now. Then setup for the NVR to email you alerts for the time being until you figure out what is going on.

Most of us use OpenVPN that is native to many routers or use something like ZeroTier or Tailscale to access remotely.

itsme74

n3wb
Reaction score
Before you do anything, I would suggest looking at your router logs and see if you notice anything off.

I would then consider factory reset of the NVR and start over (do not import config file).

But even then, if they hacked in already then they have the serial number of the NVR and could just wait for it to come back online and go thru a backdoor.

At the very least, change the password and consider turning P2P off at least for now. Then setup for the NVR to email you alerts for the time being until you figure out what is going on.

Most of us use OpenVPN that is native to many routers or use something like ZeroTier or Tailscale to access remotely.

Thanks so much for your help!!!