Please help me to extract this file

mhrath10

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to extract a squashfs image, but on all attempts I get an error message, I think the file is encrypted , Can someone help me extract the file

Attachments

mhrath10

n3wb
Reaction score
Any console log from uart?
Stop bootload
help
printenv
?

Unfortunately, the device is not with me, only the dump . A friend sent me the file because it contains a password that he wanted to know. While unpacking the file, I encountered a problem in extracting the squashfs . I think it was designed in such a way that it appears as if the file was damaged. Thank you very much for your cooperation with me

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the device is not with me, only the dump . A friend sent me the file because it contains a password that he wanted to know. While unpacking the file, I encountered a problem in extracting the squashfs . I think it was designed in such a way that it appears as if the file was damaged. Thank you very much for your cooperation with me
This is a very unusual and interesting task. Everything is in the process of research, while there are small changes.
It is worth looking at this situation much wider and deeper. ;)

Last edited:

mhrath10

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a very unusual and interesting task. Everything is in the process of research, while there are small changes.
It is worth looking at this situation much wider and deeper. ;)
You are right, at first I wanted to reveal the password inside the file, but when trying to analyze the file, I discovered interesting things such as the squashfs and that it is not extractable in the usual ways. Therefore, I asked the owner of the device to send it to me, to see all log on UART console.
Once again, I thank you very much for your cooperation. I promise to inform you of all new information that I find in order to benefit from your experiences

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You are right, at first I wanted to reveal the password inside the file, but when trying to analyze the file, I discovered interesting things such as the squashfs and that it is not extractable in the usual ways. Therefore, I asked the owner of the device to send it to me, to see all log on UART console.
Once again, I thank you very much for your cooperation. I promise to inform you of all new information that I find in order to benefit from your experiences
This situation intrigued me. There are no such devices at hand and in the immediate environment, so he will be content with what he has. An attempt to dig has been made, a gap has appeared, but everything needs to be brought to its logical conclusion. I'm looking for a convenient option.