Please design me a hikvision Security system for $1000

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Please design me a hikvision Security system for $1000 *[UPDATED]*

hello I have been doing a lot of research into home security cameras and the more I look, the more options I see and it gets hard to decide. And I need a good security system asap because I am leaving for a month and I need to install it before I leave.

What I want:
  • 4 POE 1080p cams, Should I go with Dome or Bullet? I prefer dome personally unless there was a benefit of going with bullet. I don't want the cameras to stand out.
  • 1 Wireless PTZ camera for indoor. I'm fine with running wires outside the home, but not inside.
  • A recorder for 4 POE cams and wireless cams, with an option to add one or two more POE cams and maybe one more wireless cam.
  • The main thing will be viewing these cameras remotely.
    • I want a good web system that I can use to view all the cameras at once and (live and playback) when I'm away from home; in HD
    • A good mobile app to use on Android to view these cameras.

I leave in 9 days. So I will need to order from amazon.com or some place that will ship to Toronto, Canada in less than a week.

I did visit some other forums but there aren't many active people and almost no one answers since there is no activity. Good thing I found this forum, it looks pretty active.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
After doing more research and asking around. I think that having a dedicated PC running blueiris is better than having a dedicated NVR. Do you guys prefer a NVR/DVR over a PC running Blueiris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
After doing more research and asking around. I think that having a dedicated PC running blueiris is better than having a dedicated NVR. Do you guys prefer a NVR/DVR over a PC running Blueiris?
Welcome to the forum..
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3379-Computer-versus-NVR
Nine days is not alot of time, and whether you go NVR or pc, there will be a learning curve...
Do not get an indoor ptz most are junk...if you want wifi, look that a fixed camera with a wide angle lens like a 2.8mm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?sdtid=7827071&SID=283be8471d1241f9baaae0c118a5677a&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&ItemList=Combo.2307339&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL042815&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, so I have spent some time reading this forum and reading netwrokcameracritic.com

I have narrowed down my choices to these: I will install camera 1 at my main door to the house. I will install Camera 3 outside of the room on the second floor. So imagine that it will be installed about 30ft higher and 30ft left of the main door where Camera 1 is. so it will look at the road and my garage and a little walkway. Camera 2 will be installed by the patio door on the deck at the back of my house. And finally camera 4 will be installed on the side of my house.

I also decided to purchase an NVR. Eventually I would like to go with blueiris, but that means I would have to get a dedicated computer with i5 or i7 processor. I priced one out and it would cost me ~$600. So for now I'll just go with a NVR for $189.

Please tell me how I did in picking out these cameras. Let me know if there are any better choices or substitutes.

One question I had was that These dome cameras, can they be mounted on a wall instead of the ceiling? Would the picture end up being 90 degrees off?

And should I order from aliexpress and for this seller? How are the warranties? Would I have to pay duties and/or brokerage fees? I went to www.bhphotovideo.com and there, Cameras 1, 2 and 3 would cost me $614US and that includes the shipping and duties to Toronto, Canada.

Attachments

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The mini domes are good cameras but make sure on the wifi model you have good signal, hard wired is always better.
A NVR is always a first choice over a PC, to get the most from the cameras a 7608n/sn/p NVR will do nicely.
With a WD Purple 4TB Hard drive.
Its all plug and play setup, so it an easy first time installation.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, so I have spent some time reading this forum and reading netwrokcameracritic.com

I have narrowed down my choices to these: I will install camera 1 at my main door to the house. I will install Camera 3 outside of the room on the second floor. So imagine that it will be installed about 30ft higher and 30ft left of the main door where Camera 1 is. so it will look at the road and my garage and a little walkway. Camera 2 will be installed by the patio door on the deck at the back of my house. And finally camera 4 will be installed on the side of my house.

I also decided to purchase an NVR. Eventually I would like to go with blueiris, but that means I would have to get a dedicated computer with i5 or i7 processor. I priced one out and it would cost me ~$600. So for now I'll just go with a NVR for $189.

Please tell me how I did in picking out these cameras. Let me know if there are any better choices or substitutes.

One question I had was that These dome cameras, can they be mounted on a wall instead of the ceiling? Would the picture end up being 90 degrees off?

And should I order from aliexpress and for this seller? How are the warranties? Would I have to pay duties and/or brokerage fees? I went to www.bhphotovideo.com and there, Cameras 1, 2 and 3 would cost me $614US and that includes the shipping and duties to Toronto, Canada.

You may want to look again at those cameras and ask why the have the horizontal lines posted like that last i checked 1080p cameras were 1920*1280, also are those Chinese versions? or english? did you ask the seller if a warranty applies? i think your rushing this honestly and going to regret it. You had to have known you were going out of town more then 9 days out why the sudden need to install cameras?

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just setup a co-workers system similar to what your looking for, he is very happy with the system, my advice on an NVR is get twice what you think you need it is not that much more $.

NVR DS-7816N-E2 $178.24
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-NVR-16CH-Network-Video-Recorder-HDMI-NVR-Up-to-6MP-5MP-3MP-1000M-Engineering-project/2041523283.html

CAMs DS-2CD2332-I 4x$83.98=$335.92
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hikvision-camera-DS-2CD2332-I-Network-IP-camera-3MP-dome-Camera-w-POE-3D-DNR-Full/920586_32222472736.html

WiFi CAM DS-2CD2432F-IW $116.00
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Security-Sony-Effio-D-CCD-750tvl-960H-OSD-menu-2dot-lights-50-meters-outdoor-surveillance-CCTV/920586_1558221699.html
or the DS-2CD2532F-IWS $152

Total=$630.16

The NVR is a Non-POE version, he went with a used managed switch mounted in the attic so only one cable running into the house.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cisco-Linksys-SRW208P-8-Port-10-100-PoE-and-2-Port-Gigabit-Switch-Web-Managed-/301590416210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4638308b52

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

gasonright

n3wb
Reaction score
All great choices to have come in under the $1000.00 budget , however he will never have the items delivered in time from China before he leaves in 9 days.
He may have to talk to Ryan at Nelly's if there is any chance of getting a system up and running before he leaves... and FAST.

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
The mini domes are good cameras but make sure on the wifi model you have good signal, hard wired is always better.
A NVR is always a first choice over a PC, to get the most from the cameras a 7608n/sn/p NVR will do nicely.
With a WD Purple 4TB Hard drive.
Its all plug and play setup, so it an easy first time installation.
I think the wifi model also has PoE, doesn't it? or should I just get the PoE version?

You may want to look again at those cameras and ask why the have the horizontal lines posted like that last i checked 1080p cameras were 1920*1280, also are those Chinese versions? or english? did you ask the seller if a warranty applies? i think your rushing this honestly and going to regret it. You had to have known you were going out of town more then 9 days out why the sudden need to install cameras?
I did know I was leaving, but I had planned on getting a Dropcam or a shitty D-link wireless cam but the more I read, the more I realized how I need a decent surveillance system.

And from their description the version is English and they use horizontal lines to distinguish between the lens. I also don't know why they do that, maybe someone here does?

All great choices to have come in under the $1000.00 budget , however he will never have the items delivered in time from China before he leaves in 9 days.
He may have to talk to Ryan at Nelly's if there is any chance of getting a system up and running before he leaves... and FAST.
Getting it from North America, I would have to pay the markup/premium on each item, wont I? I have emailed the seller if the delivery is possible or not.

---------------------
And another thing I just want to make sure is if it would work mounting these dome cameras on a vertical wall instead of a ceiling. Will I be able to adjust the lens/picture? or is it preferred that these dome cams go on ceilings only?

Attachments

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just want to reiterate that even if the cams are shipped with the Chinese version, Google Chrome does a great job translating its GUI without doing anything. Also after being able to change the password for the cams, there was absolutely no need for me to get back in there, and the NVR was sending commands to the camera without issues, even in its Chinese FW state.
So changing the FPS in the NVR was immediately reflected in the camera. Worth the savings IMHO.

The analog option is a technique used by many to distinguish between models. Alibaba seems not to have updated its code to accommodate the new technology or its updated but their users have not found means to properly list the items.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also at the price The HDTVI, Hikvision kit is hard to beat if you truly have a budget, It doesn't have the features of the IP cameras as the DVR does all the work,
But to answer your question yes the wifi camera has both POE and RJ45 connections, remembering with wifi it still needs power, so i would go without it unless you can get a network connection to it.

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Also at the price The HDTVI, Hikvision kit is hard to beat if you truly have a budget, It doesn't have the features of the IP cameras as the DVR does all the work,
But to answer your question yes the wifi camera has both POE and RJ45 connections, remembering with wifi it still needs power, so i would go without it unless you can get a network connection to it.
From the research I have done, I think IP cameras are the best fit for my situation.

I haven't gotten a response from the seller on Aliexpress. I am wondering if I should look into Nellysecurity. Do you guys think the markup is justified, compared to aliexpress. I just priced out the same setup with nelly and it's about $445 more expensive. which I think is a lot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From the research I have done, I think IP cameras are the best fit for my situation.

I haven't gotten a response from the seller on Aliexpress. I am wondering if I should look into Nellysecurity. Do you guys think the markup is justified, compared to aliexpress. I just priced out the same setup with nelly and it's about $445 more expensive. which I think is a lot.
With nellys you will get a warranty, support, and most importantly cameras that can accept us firmware updates...if you are tech savvy you can easily use aliexress...but your 9 day time frame is simply not going to work with aliexpress..

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @jsan, give me a call on my direct line (918-532-6522) or shoot me an email and I'll do the best I can to get you a good deal on the products. We have expedited shipping to Canada available also.

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey @jsan, give me a call on my direct line (918-532-6522) or shoot me an email and I'll do the best I can to get you a good deal on the products. We have expedited shipping to Canada available also.
Damn I went out and bought everything locally. I came home and saw your reply. I definitely would've asked you, infact one of my friends is interested in getting home surveillance system. I will definitely hit you up.

Since I'm short on time, I had to buy everything locally. it cost me little less than $500 more than aliexpress. But I guess that's the price I had to pay for being short on time.

And wow, the store had almost every type of camera you could think of. And 95% of them were in stock. I have never seen a shop like this before. There were a lot of demos set up by different mfgs showing their surveillance system. Lots of Honeywell cams and NVRs.

Now the fun part of wiring everything. I ordered 4x100ft cables last night from amazon, they should be here today before 5pm

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Note that the 2132 will not be wall mountable unless you purchased the -F version that is 3 axis....this is not an issue if you are mounting horizontally.

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
Note that the 2132 will not be wall mountable unless you purchased the -F version that is 3 axis....this is not an issue if you are mounting horizontally.
DS-2CD2132F-I is the model number for all three. So I think it's good

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
jsan, I am curious what local store had a lot of security camera equipment. I doubt there is a security camera store within 200 miles of where I live :)

You may want to look again at those cameras and ask why the have the horizontal lines posted like that last i checked 1080p cameras were 1920*1280
Just FYI, the "Horizontal Resolution" fields in CCTV CAMERA CHINA product listings are misleading. That is their way of letting you specify which lens you want. By choosing a 380 TVL you are telling them you want a 2.8mm lens. 540 TVL is a 4mm lens. I am sure they only did it this way because of limitations of the selling platform.

jsan

n3wb
Reaction score
jsan, I am curious what local store had a lot of security camera equipment. I doubt there is a security camera store within 200 miles of where I live :)

I didn't know this store existed but they sell alot of home automation and surveillance. There were 4-5 aisles of just cameras. They had almost all the popular brands and some not-so popular.

Attachments