Playback freezing.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi thanks for letting me join.
I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR with 1 DS-2CD2685FWD-IZS 8 MP and 1 DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS 5MP. I have 2 seperate issues. 1st is that when I have tried to view recorded video the picture freezes and the time counter goes quickly, pauses and goes quickly again. I can't seem to access the video at all, yet it's not all the time. At first I thought it was the hard drive as I was using an old PC one. I bought a 2TB Seagate Skyhawks and installed that. Thinking that solved the problem till recently I tried to view video again and same thing. I figured that because the NVR will accept 12MP cameras I could run the 8MP at full specs. Am I asking too much of the NVR? As you can see in the video the time on the screen stays still but the counter at the bottom goes crazy. the second problem is that my 5mp camera will randomly drop off every couple of days, but still shows in the Poe screen as connected. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to make it show up. I'll attach a video of the playback problems along with my settings, which I dropped the quality to try and solve the problem. Here is a link to the video as it was taking ages to upload.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CzWkCFv7oYsXdiTL7IMG_20180623_174245.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
1st is that when I have tried to view recorded video the picture freezes and the time counter goes quickly, pauses and goes quickly again.
One possibility is that your PC can't handle the video throughput well enough.
Suggestion : hook up the HDMI output of the NVR to a TV or suitable monitor and see how the playback is on that.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try unchecking (not using) H.265+. I have a 9632NI and have had the same kind of problems using the +.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks I have done that and I'll have to wait a few days I guess to see if the problem continues.
Any idea on how to see the firmware version of the cameras? I have updated the NVR to V4.1.50 but can't see where to find what version the cameras are

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try unchecking (not using) H.265+. I have a 9632NI and have had the same kind of problems using the +.
Thanks that seems to have worked at this stage! Now I need to work out why my 5mp camera is dropping out daily.