Paxvigo EBF810

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FWIW (not much), I've emailed them on this as I have on other points... sorry, sorry, sorry...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW (not much), I've emailed them on this as I have on other points... sorry, sorry, sorry...
Big thanks @Ssayer

appreciate the sincerity and sharing what you can on this.

In terms of value, it is still a good value at $80 for a plastic ( ABS ) housing ..

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @mat200, I've updated my posts on Slickdeals as well. For me, plastic isn't an issue. What mattered to me, and I found out pretty quick, was the day/night image and the video ESPECIALLY at night. For me, it's a keeper. I fully understand that it's a deal breaker for others and is the reason for updating my posts. Now, on to their reply (this is the first time they got my name wrong :p ):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mike,

The EBF810 is made for solid metal and high-quality plastic that can last for an ultra long time.

We provide worry-free 2-year warranty for our product.

Based on our own testing, the camera works perfectly after 3-year installation outdoors completely.

Paxvigo only provides the most high-quality products and provide worry-free warranty to customers.

Every product we sell on Paxvigo has been tested in rigid environments, both outdoors and indoors, under the rain or under the water. Please assure the quality of our Paxvigo products.

Best regards,
Elvia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point 1: My name isn't Mike :p
Point 2: They sort of walked around my concerns
Point 3: I've read, re-read, and re-re-read their warranty. It's sorta kinda maybe worry free
Point 4: Has this really been around long enough for a 3-year test???

But, once again... 80 bucks for a 180° cam with pretty darn good night vision is enough for me to take the chance, keep the two I already have plus the one on order. Obviously many people want and demand better and are willing to pay for better. More power to them, if I had the coin, I would own all high end stuff...

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
detailed info
I have not received feedback from them, but maybe my e-mail are too direct. I have had more than one plastic camera fail, which I have attributed to overheating as the case does not work as a heatsink. The camera housing has a seam on top that is not visible in the online pictures, but to be fair can be hardly noticed on mine, which made me question the water ingress potential.

The location I planned on putting this camera has no protection, and will see the full brunt of the Texas sun. I am not confident that this camera will last, but I am sure it will do fine in most applications covered under an eave or the like.
As your camera is the same build as mine I suspect the equivalent Hikvision camera is the same plastic housing, which is interesting as the turret version seems to be better built then.

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Coincidence, the Annke turret is on sale now for $160 for a 2-pack. So the same pricing as this unit.

I do not want to oversell it, but I do prefer the turret style. The bullet style is available for the same price.

***Edit: Note that this may be a newer version than my turret, at least using the picture on the site compared to the previous pictures I included in this thread. Maybe both models were aluminum housings and have been changed to plastic for cost cutting? To be fair their page says ABS plastic, "Made from the heavy-duty ABS, the camera housing can withstand large impacts and is highly resistant to corrosion. "

Coupon code: MJM8M459PY2S

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Coincidence, the Annke turret is on sale now for $160 for a 2-pack. So the same pricing as this unit.

I do not want to oversell it, but I do prefer the turret style. The bullet style is available for the same price.

***Edit: Note that this may be a newer version than my turret, at least using the picture on the site compared to the previous pictures I included in this thread. Maybe both models were aluminum housings and have been changed to plastic for cost cutting? To be fair their page says ABS plastic, "Made from the heavy-duty ABS, the camera housing can withstand large impacts and is highly resistant to corrosion. "

Coupon code: MJM8M459PY2S
Thanks @ericINT

1695361508479.png
1695361536131.png

hmmmm .. guess the next upgrade will be made out of OSB style cardboard ..

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Also, for the turret on the Annke (if it matters to you): Note: Turret camera only has infrared night vision, no color night vision.

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, for the turret on the Annke (if it matters to you): Note: Turret camera only has infrared night vision, no color night vision.
That is a maybe too. The single pack version of the camera $100, says "Note: Turret camera I51EC only has infrared night vision, no color night vision.
The new version of Turret camera I51DX has color night vision. "

So either they are clearing out some old stock on the 2-camera pack, or the page was not updated since the change.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Haha, I don't care what the brand is, it's from China so EVERYTHING is a maybe until one has it in their hot little hands to confirm it...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On the Paxvigo cams... Not that I don't like what I got, but rather that I only know one other that has gotten their cam. Also, my last order still shows USPS waiting for it...

Last edited:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Getting iffy on the Paxvigo cams. Not that I don't like what I got, but rather that I only know one other that has gotten their cam. Also, my last order still shows USPS waiting for it...
I ordered on the 15th and never got any shipping or tracking info but my mail lady called me this morning to let me know that it is out for delivery today.

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Getting iffy on the Paxvigo cams. Not that I don't like what I got, but rather that I only know one other that has gotten their cam. Also, my last order still shows USPS waiting for it...
I bought the Annke deal I posted and got tracking information from UPS, will be here this week. I am expecting the same turret style camera I have, so may have some disappointment being shipped my way.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, for the price this thing is fantastic. But that said, I sure wish I could justify the cost of the 1/1.8" cam that this one is similar to, like the one that Andy is selling, to do a side-by-side comparison to see just how much difference the larger sensor makes. Seriously, I'm wondering if that larger sensor actually makes that much difference on a camera of this type...

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For a camera with such a wide view, I do not think it matters as much, and the 1/2.5" version actually has a larger FOV. I am using these cameras for overall view (observation), not identification. Getting 3x the cameras for the same price seems worth more than the increase in visual fidelity for this application.

The upgraded dual lens "boobie" camera from Dahua had a similar resolution and sensor size that was well reviewed from the community for a point of reference.

The Annke/Hikvision version of the 1/1.8" is pretty cheap right now though, good savings over the Dahua equivalent: NightChromaTM NCD800 – 4K Outdoor Panoramic PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, f/1.0 Super Aperture (0.0005 Lux), Acme Color Night Vision, Active Siren and Strobe, Human & Vehicle Detection, Intelligent Behavior Analysis, Two-Way Audio ($200)

edit: The 1/1.8" version listed above does say it has a metal housing instead of the ABS housing of the FCD600. (1/2.5")

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI -
For a camera with such a wide view, I do not think it matters as much, and the 1/2.5" version actually has a larger FOV. I am using these cameras for overall view (observation), not identification. Getting 3x the cameras for the same price seems worth more than the increase in visual fidelity for this application.

The upgraded dual lens "boobie" camera from Dahua had a similar resolution and sensor size that was well reviewed from the community for a point of reference.

The Annke/Hikvision version of the 1/1.8" is pretty cheap right now though, good savings over the Dahua equivalent: NightChromaTM NCD800 – 4K Outdoor Panoramic PoE Dual Lens Security Camera, f/1.0 Super Aperture (0.0005 Lux), Acme Color Night Vision, Active Siren and Strobe, Human & Vehicle Detection, Intelligent Behavior Analysis, Two-Way Audio ($200)
Currently listed for $199.99 .. Annke sometimes has additional discount codes ..

1695872968836.png

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that camera is color only. I'm thinking about putting my 3rd one out by the street. No one ever notices IR lighting, so they don't even realize that I've got a cam out there. The white light would draw attention to the cam and I don't want that on a cam that's right by the street.

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that camera is color only. I'm thinking about putting my 3rd one out by the street. No one ever notices IR lighting, so they don't even realize that I've got a cam out there. The white light would draw attention to the cam and I don't want that on a cam that's right by the street.
Looks like it, dealbreaker for me too.

While I like the white light it should be the supplemental light, and it should have an option to turn on with motion which the Hikvision cameras seem to lack so far.

edit: I guess the Dahua version is making the same odd choice. E.g.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.