Paxvigo EBF810

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My EBF810 aka NC801 arrived and installed today. same as seen in @ericINT 's photos. No correspondence since ordering on the 15th until yesterday they notified me that it was shipped from NY. I assume they were waiting for the China shipment.
Works well in Blueiris and I am happy so far but waiting for night time to play with it some more. I accept any "tips" on setting the night lighting.
Very nice for overview and the stitching is near perfect between the 2 lens'
I do like the looks of those Annke turret cameras but have too many toys already.
Thanks @Ssayer for forcing me to take the plunge and buy my first 180 deg camera.
Oh! And the added 12v out pigtail got my attention. I wonder if it could power a small LED or IR light. I know it would power an external mic but the built-in mic is not bad.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I got my 3rd one today and it's up and out where it's going to be but not how it will be ultimately mounted. I go with the 24 hour rule with any electronics and until it's passed that, I want it easy to take down. Night time is great but expect to use IR and not color if anything greater than about 40-50 feet matters to you. Also, I hate it being a porch light so I'd use IR at night regardless. My audio is great on all three, so I have all other cameras using their audio depending on which is closest. I don't have it in front of me, but I believe that pigtail has pretty minuscule power so I didn't bother even trying anything with it. All I did for night lighting was turn off auto and set it to fixed exposure of 1/150. IRsupplement on/Smart on. This is all dependent on what you have for ambient light and where you want to see of course...

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Orered one from paxvigo, got a dead tracking number then a couple weeks later it shows up, but got the plastic NC801 model as well.

Not a deal breaker, but I still emailed them to see what they say.

My first impression was holy crap is this thing huge. I have no idea where I'm going to put it. The mounting bracket leaves something to be desired as I have most of my cams eve mounted. Not wall mounted.

It is online in my office recording to blueiris however.

Has anyone got it to take the hikvision firmware? I have several Annke C800's that I was able to flash hikvision firmware without any modifications.

Reaction score
Ordered on sep 8. 2 cameras arrived on oct 5. I will play with them. What is the best app for the android phone and the PC? Is the app referenced in the manual ok, or any other options? Please advise

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, poking around, I found something that someone else might want to know. When you add the cam to Blue Iris, it sets it up as Generic/ONVIF (I tried a few of the Hikvision possibilities and had no video). That's great because the video works. What doesn't work are the PTZ commands.. You need to go into the PTZ/Control area and select Hikvision Ds-2DE/2DF-AE/7208 (see pic). Now you can schedule the shutter in Blue Iris for day verses night. (In case anyone cares 1/2000 verses 1/150 is what I found works for ME. YMMV). You might want to be careful setting some of those parameters unless you know what they were before you started farting around. ;)

Screenshot 2023-10-06 162604.jpg

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, poking around, I found something that someone else might want to know. When you add the cam to Blue Iris, it sets it up as Generic/ONVIF (I tried a few of the Hikvision possibilities and had no video). That's great because the video works. What doesn't work are the PTZ commands.. You need to go into the PTZ/Control area and select Hikvision Ds-2DE/2DF-AE/7208 (see pic). Now you can schedule the shutter in Blue Iris for day verses night. (In case anyone cares 1/2000 verses 1/150 is what I found works for ME. YMMV). You might want to be careful setting some of those parameters unless you know what they were before you started farting around. ;)

View attachment 174163
Nice. Do you get audio and substreams that way? I have mine set to generic with the urls manually populated.

Might have to try that on my other hik cams

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Generic gives you audio and substreams. Substreams are just like mainStream except you change 101 to 102.

Using Blue Iris I've only tested PTZ with the commands on the drop down menu.

Last edited:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would think it would not effect audio or subs since the HIK*** selection is made in the PTZ/control menu. The setup in the Video menu keeps the Generic/ONVIF settings.
update: It did not effect my audio,

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I wonder why... they have a day/night/auto/schedule setting for the day/night switch but nothing like it for the exposure setting. Am I missing something with the Hikvision software? I'm glad I can do it all in Blue Iris now.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
For anyone else that might possibly be as anal about this stuff as me and wants to know... this is how I have my cams set up with the scheduler (all times are relative to sunrise/sunset). I'm still hoping that I'll be able to change the 1/60 to 1/75 at least. Time will tell...

Screenshot 2023-10-07 211228.png

I settled on a slower shutter speed at night (remember 1/75 is not an option with BI at this time) because the edges at my house were a little dark for my tastes at 1/120... (gain stays at 60 throughout)

Last edited:

Node_4

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this set up with a Synology NAS using Surveillance Station and the quality is kinda crap. It doesn't seem useful for anything. Cars go by blurry and I can't even see people's faces clearly 6 feet away. I've tried both H264 and H265 with constant bitrate set to 6000 kbps. I have the brand set to HIKVISION and the model set to Generic_HIKVISION. Am I missing some step to get the most out of this camera?

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this set up with a Synology NAS using Surveillance Station and the quality is kinda crap. It doesn't seem useful for anything. Cars go by blurry and I can't even see people's faces clearly 6 feet away. I've tried both H264 and H265 with constant bitrate set to 6000 kbps. I have the brand set to HIKVISION and the model set to Generic_HIKVISION. Am I missing some step to get the most out of this camera?
Day/Night issue, or all the time? What are your frame rates and I frames set to?

Here is my settings:
1697200864687.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
please post your settings, and a few image examples ..

Reaction score
Doing my setup with Qnap NAS and QVR pro. Still playing with the configuration

Last edited:
Reaction score
when i try to enable motion detection and when i select detector as QVR pro it gives an error :you need to set the stream between cif (320*240) and full hd (1920*1080 ) so it does not let to choose a higher resolution.so I have to select camera to manage motion? Qv pro does not do it with higher resulution. No sure if I should use qvr pro bad resolution.

Node_4

n3wb
Reaction score
please post your settings, and a few image examples ..
I'm unsure what you mean by settings outside the ones I gave. I don't use Blue Iris, only Synology Surveilance Station, which only has bitrate and encoding settings. Inside the camera interface itself, there seems to be no settings to modify. Am I wrong?