Paxvigo EBF810

Node_4

n3wb
Reaction score
How come I can only have the supplemental light on one side at a time?

Edit: I misunderstood the brightness settings. I thought it meant I can only select one side at a time, but it's only for setting the brightness independently.

Last edited:

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's probably a question to ask China. :D

Joking aside, I don't know. I noticed only one IR LED works too, I suspect it's a firmware thing.

FWIW, I've got mine mounted finally giving me a wide view of my driveway. I keep it in day mode though because I have a light on my flag that lights the general area up enough. There are other floodlights with motion sensors too if something comes up the driveway. Image is good enough for my uses.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I get what you're saying. Are you asking why you can only have IR supplemental light or Color supplemental light?

That's probably a question to ask China. :D

Joking aside, I don't know. I noticed only one IR LED works too, I suspect it's a firmware thing.
If only one IR LED works on your cam, have you actually turned them both on (and up) as they both work on my three without issue. FWIW, I don't (and haven't from day one) use the Smart Supplement Light (I guess I can try it out tonight and see if it makes a difference).

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hmmm, I was looking to get a 4th (and 5th) cam and decide to check the prices on the Paxvigo vs the Annke and while comparing I came across this:

Paxvigo 4096x1840 (4k) (Sale price of $99)
Annke 3632 ×1632 (6mp) (Sale price of $89)

Strange... Both have 2.8mm lenses, so... I'm guessing I'd lose out on a little viewing area with the Annke, eh?

Last edited:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered the $90. Annke to play with. I really like having 180 deg view in some areas. We shall see if there is a difference from the Paxvigo. I ordered the turret as it does look nice. I noticed if you click on adding 128 gb SD card it jumps $64.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Great, it'll be interesting to see if the viewing area is actually different. We know (or presume) that they're both 180°, but since the lenses are both 2.8mm, I guess I just don't get how...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just to put it out here for comparison, I inspected a snapshot from the Paxvigo and it is indeed, 4096x1840 (7.54 MPixels). So the ratio is the same as the Annke. Unless the lenses are different on the Annke and either the Paxvigo or the Annke isn't really 2.8mm, the math just doesn't seem to add up...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Since I already know what the viewing area looks like and also that I like the Paxvigo version of this cam (and cold weather is coming up so I don't want to wait!), I grabbed two more of these. It's pretty hard to beat this thing as an overview cam. So, now I'll have all around my house and behind the back shed covered. Is this stuff addictive or what??? :p

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Forgot to update :p

USPS finally figured out where I live again and I got my 2 cams on Friday morning. I set them up right next to me as always. Now on to the 48 hour burn in test. I put the 1st one in my garage between two cams which view the back door and the front doors respectively. Since the second was only going on the back of the garage anyway, I just put it out there (super easy to get to in case of a problem). They're both working great with ONE caveat. My wife loved the view of the whole inside of the garage with one camera. So... it's staying right where I put it (mounted now) and those two way lesser quality cameras are going into my "storage" box in case I need them (I always have a place to toss a camera to view critters during warmer weather).
Now the back side of the shed is just going to have to hold on with it's two older cameras until finances allow another one of these. Got to love this stuff, eh?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Love them!
In the setup the Pax is know as model NC801 vs the Annke is 151DX
The Pax resolution is 4096*1820 and the Annke is 3632*1632 and they don't appear to be changeable.
Both have the same V5.7.10 firmware but the Pax build date is July 2023 vs June for the Annke.
Both have same Web version also.
Here a snipppets of each with default out of the box settings. Once configured I cannot tell any difference.qAnnkecompare.JPGqPaxvigocompare.JPG

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sounds good! So then, since there are less pixels with the same sensor size on the Annke, does the night vision seem to be slightly better or can you not see a difference?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With my poor eyes, I see no difference.
I wouln't mind seeing that $79.xx Paxvigo sale price again.
You started this crap and I fell for it but have no regrets at all as I fell in love with having overview cameras.

Check back on the Annke thread. I think they are just trying to unload a bunch of these cameras by changing their descriptions.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sort of what I figured on the night vision, but... never know if I don't ask. I can't believe how much i like these cams either.

Thanks, I posted there after reading your post here.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@Broachoski : How long did it take from order to receipt for your Annke? I'm thinking that I have a Christmas present coming up and... well... you know... just comparing delivery times. ;)

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Broachoski : How long did it take... just comparing delivery times. ;)
Ordered on the 5th and recieved on the 10th.
I do run 1 in color at night though IR is better but the 1 is not visable by other folks and it gives a tiny bit of night light for when I am walking around.