Paxvigo EBF810

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I booted this computer today, I went and mucked around in the settings for these cams. When I went back to the Live View, it dawned on me that I didn't have Playback or Pictures (taken) as an option. I was in Chrome and thought maybe I'd missed something and maybe that feature didn't work in Chrome. I tried Edge and same thing. Then it dawned on me that at boot up, it wanted permission to run an app called LocalServiceControl.exe and I had denied it. Sure as heck, when I ran it and then opened Chrome, I had the missing options. Quick search online and I see that this is also a Hikvision thing, so... just be aware..

One thing that I really wish it had, was thumbnails for the pictures. I guess I'm spoiled by Blue Iris... :p

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
They never sent me a link, so I did a quick search for, and grabbed, their PC software which is called Guarding Vision. In keeping with the flow, Paxvigo is rebranded Hikvision and Guarding Vision is rebranded IVMS. So, now you know... :p

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very strange, the Hik that I looked at showed a 1/2.5 sensor with 4mm lens. Going to have to look again!

Different case, but more like this one except that the Paxvigo is 4096x1840...

View attachment 172395
I saw a 6mp version listed at Hikvision last night .. perhaps that is the one ..

note, this just pictures the turret version ..

1694789773756.png

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you found a way to power your tablets without batteries? Constant charging destroys batteries (and could even be considered a fire hazard), yet I can't seem to find a tablet that allows you to remove or disable the battery and just run from the power adaptor. (At least without starting some very dodgy sounding hacks from the internet that involve removing the control circuit from the battery and soldering it into the battery compartment). It seems many tablet manufacturers haven't considered some might actually want a choice of running from psu or battery, not simply to run whilst charging.
We have 2 Kindle Fires, that are at least 10 yrs old. They run 24/7/365 while plugged in with NO issues.
We only use the original power bricks they shipped with.

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't see anywhere to do that, at least I haven't found it yet.
That is too bad. Amcrest has this feature in their white LED / night color units. I think it adds an extra level of security, working as a mini motion flood light. Purchased mine the same day as yours (post on slickdeals), still a no show.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Still mucking around checking this out. I found something else and just emailed them asking. In the specs on their site, it shows:
1694875347114.png

In any of the interfaces I've tested it always shows:
1694875387287.png

Note that Resolution is greyed out, so you only get 4k. The substream doesn't have 1080P (or even true 720P)

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As soon as I opened the first camera's box, my first thought was... this was HOW MUCH?? With the code, it's $79.99. Darn, this thing is all metal construction. I pulled open the manual and there was a link to their software (broken link of course... 404). Knowing what it is, I jumped over to HIK and grabbed their SADP tool. From there, it was a breeze. This is one very nice camera, beautiful image. I still need to tweak it but... daytime, it's darn good. After dark is the real teller and we'll see then. With it's sensor size, I'm betting it should be decent as well (I'll update tonight). It comes from China, so we all know what that means, eh? YMMV...
Finally got mine in today, 2.5 weeks later, and I must say initial impressions are not the same. You have me questioning if they make multiple models, entire body is made of plastic, not even really robust feeling plastic. Makes my Amcrest cameras feel like a tank.

I have the ANNKE turret version of this which is much more solid as well.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Really??? Wow! Ok, if that's the case.. We'll see... My 3rd one was marked as Label Created with a USPS tracking number on Sunday (out of NY again).

Something isn't right here... I mean, this is straight from their site:

"Pro-Grade heavy-duty aluminum housings protect against weather
and vandalism "

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got mine in today, 2.5 weeks later, and I must say initial impressions are not the same. You have me questioning if they make multiple models, entire body is made of plastic, not even really robust feeling plastic. Makes my Amcrest cameras feel like a tank.

I have the ANNKE turret version of this which is much more solid as well.
wow .. share a few pictures of what you got, and the model number on the camera's label ..

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Going through the other settings everything else looks okay. Camera image quality appears okay, resolution looks good, has selections for white/IR lights, etc.

Still, I have doubts that the unit will last a year in the Texas sun or that the extra seams along the body are even watertight, supposedly IP66. Maybe I can find an indoor application for the camera.
I would suggest avoiding this overnight company.

Last edited:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I didn't wanna hear that!
I ordered one Friday but have not received a shipping email yet.
Hope they are not having to melt more plastic water bottles.

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I didn't wanna hear that!
I ordered one Friday but have not received a shipping email yet.
Hope they are not having to melt more plastic water bottles.
Yeah, hopefully I am the outlier for others that have ordered. If it helps anyone, mine came out of Chicago...eventually.

I do not necessarily want to overplay it. I have some other plastic body cameras, and this one is not too dissimilar, but I would not trust it outside. Maybe I will put it in my garage for a full wide view. (3-car)

Last edited:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully I am the outlier for others that have ordered.
You received a model number NC801 and not the EBF810 that they have advertised
My search finds nothing with that model number.
Their site says"Pro-Grade heavy-duty aluminum housings......"

Last edited:

ericINT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You received a model number NC801 and not the EBF810 that they have advertised
My search finds nothing with that model number.
Yeah, I am unsure what that means but was hoping ssayer posts pictures of his unit as well.

My Annke is a FCD600, but the model sticker shows I51EC and the newer version is apparently I51DX. FCD600 is the overarching name for the turret/bullet versions. The name FCD600 in this case does not appear on the product, instead the SKU is listed as the model number on the camera and is used interchangeably on their website/specifications. Not sure why these rebranded units have mismatched model/sku numbers, makes it confusing.

I have notified the company, but I suspect I will get little response from a drop shipper out of China. I never received a response about the slow shipping time after all. Risk of buying an item like this I suppose. Probably need to stick to marketplaces that have buyer protection. (ebay, amazon, etc.)

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I am unsure what that means but was hoping ssayer posts pictures of his unit as well.

My Annke is a FCD600, but the model sticker shows I51EC and the newer version is apparently I51DX. FCD600 is the overarching name for the turret/bullet versions. The name FCD600 in this case does not appear on the product, instead the SKU is listed as the model number on the camera and is used interchangeably on their website/specifications. Not sure why these rebranded units have mismatched model/sku numbers, makes it confusing.

I have notified the company, but I suspect I will get little response from a drop shipper out of China. I never received a response about the slow shipping time after all. Risk of buying an item like this I suppose. Probably need to stick to marketplaces that have buyer protection. (ebay, amazon, etc.)
Do keep us informed on the results ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
their ad shows ..

1695107498704.png

which looks like the plastic box .. yet under that part of the ad, they state

1695107565929.png

I'd challenge them, as their ad states aluminum housing and you got a plastic housing instead ..

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did find this Annke (made by Hikvision) on Aliexpress. SAME DAMN photo. Only the name has been changed to protect the innocent.
AnnkeDualLens.JPG

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hmmm... what the heck, I just went out to take pics... Ahhh, shit.... NOW I feel like a fool for posting wrong... I edited my first post to change that so no one else gets bad info from me... When I opened the box, I was just a kid at Christmas and since it was advertised as aluminum, my mind saw aluminum..... Then I went right to hooking it up and testing it out... The camera itself looked (and looks) solid to me, and I went right to playing with it. I have little doubt that it will hold up well here as I have a number of cams that are, but... it IS ABS plastic... Darn... sorry for misleading what I got... Everything else thus far is as I posted it is...

Last edited: