Patch panel vs continuous runs?

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It can be done. Just treat it as a cable. Maybe cut the end your pulling into a taper and tape it so it's smoot and will be easier to get through holes, but it certainly can be done.
How in the world would you turn the corner? Is this conduit flexible like rubber, or more rigid like pex?

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got a camera hooked up last night, and it is pretty impressive. I do think that trying to figure out all the setup of this system is going to take a few years off my life. Oh how nice it would be to be an IT genius.

I guess I'm going to try deepstack, because I just can't get the camera AI to work.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got a camera hooked up last night, and it is pretty impressive. I do think that trying to figure out all the setup of this system is going to take a few years off my life. Oh how nice it would be to be an IT genius.

I guess I'm going to try deepstack, because I just can't get the camera AI to work.
What camera? And what steps have you tried to get cameras AI to work?
Do you have an SD card in the camera?
Can you see the tripwires or intrusion zones on the live view of the camera with a web browser?
Did you setup a Smart Plan in the camera?

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What camera? And what steps have you tried to get cameras AI to work?
Do you have an SD card in the camera?
Can you see the tripwires or intrusion zones on the live view of the camera with a web browser?
Did you setup a Smart Plan in the camera?
It is a 5442T-ZE with current update.
I do not have an SD card installed.
I have not tried setting up anything beyond people and vehicle motion detection.
I did not setup a smart plan.
I was just trying to get BI to recognize any trigger from the camera.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got some trip wires setup, and they work on the cams browser, but I just can't get BI to do anything with it. I should have more cams next week that I can setup to make testing much easier.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a 5442T-ZE with current update.
I do not have an SD card installed.
I have not tried setting up anything beyond people and vehicle motion detection.
I did not setup a smart plan.
I was just trying to get BI to recognize any trigger from the camera.
You must enable a smart plan for IVS to work.
You must enable get onvif alerts in the camera setup the same page where you enter the IP address in blue iris. And on the triggers tab you need to select the box digital detection from cameras or something along those lines.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You must enable a smart plan for IVS to work.
You must enable get onvif alerts in the camera setup the same page where you enter the IP address in blue iris. And on the triggers tab you need to select the box digital detection from cameras or something along those lines.
On the camera I highlighted "IVS" under smart plan. "Get onvif trigger events" is checked. On the trigger tab under sources "camera's digital input or motion alarm" is checked. Above the digital input option is a motion sensor with a configure button. That is the BI motion sensor, correct?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the camera I highlighted "IVS" under smart plan. "Get onvif trigger events" is checked. On the trigger tab under sources "camera's digital input or motion alarm" is checked. Above the digital input option is a motion sensor with a configure button. That is the BI motion sensor, correct?
Correct but you don't need to configure that since you're using the onvif alerts. Leave the blue iris motion turned off.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm assuming I'd have to install pro from a flash drive or something? Everything I read says that windows will upgrade automatically when you enter the code. This is not the case with either key I have.