Password removers

zx83

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a software that I can use to remove passwords or get the password for dvr/ nvrs?
I have gotten service calls for forgotten passwords to DVRs/nvrs.
Thanks.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
What could change your way of working is leaving each of your customers with a Password Vault (Keepass and others), and force your customers to put their passwords in there. If they call you next time, point to that vault. No vault, no help. Simple? ;-)

zx83

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I deal with one brand only but sometimes I get calls from residential or some business customers asking if I can help them because previous installers will not return calls or are no longer in the business. I was just wondering if there was some sort of linix usb boot device where you can boot from and remove passwords. In most cases I sell the customer a new DVR/NVR but I feel that's good solution for me but not for potential customers.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Let's face it the other way round: if I'm a wardriver, blackhat hacker, and with my wifi-sniffing mac spoofing clever device, I hook up into residential wifi's. If I'd boot up this magical linux ISO which scans for NVR/IPC devices and hopla, disconnect all these camera's from the network and do my hit & run.
Nah, I don't think this forum will help you into that direction :cool:
Too much NCIS lately ;-)
Good luck!
CC