Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Recent Data Shows 'Stunning Increase' In Serious Harm Reports In Young Healthy Pilots: Army Lt. Col. Theresa Long
There's an opposite view of this from part of the aviation community making me think it's too early to jump to conclusions.

About the change in PR level:
"The new guidance allows immediate issuance up to a PR of 300 ms. Technically, this longer interval is called an AV block, but block is a misnomer since the signal is not blocked, just delayed. (See a full explanation here.)
So why the change? It wasn’t because AMEs are finding more extended PR intervals due to vaccines, but because so many medicals have been flagged and delayed for no clinical reason, according to two AMEs I contacted. As stated in this FAA guidance, “First degree AV block in asymptomatic aircrew can be regarded as a normal variant up to 300 ms.”"

About actual observations and hearsay:
"I contacted five airline pilot friends of mine and two AMEs for any firsthand knowledge or experience with any pilots debilitated by COVID vaccines. Certainly, if this were true, they would have heard something. The general sentiment seems to be “I may have heard of a friend who had a friend …” No direct experience and no names. One pilot, who had access to the company’s long-term illness data, said it accounted for around 2 percent of the workforce, for everything, not just COVID-related disability. Another pilot told me he was told of a pilot who died after a COVID shot and this was attributed to vaccine reaction."
(Above quotes from Are COVID Vaccines Injuring Pilots? You Tell Us - AVweb)

About the knowledge of the author of the referenced story:
"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires first-class airline pilots to receive an electrocardiogram (EKG) starting at age 35 and continuing annually after age 40."

Some pilots might really be good, but officially, there is no such thing as a first-class airline pilot. If the author knew about his/her subject, he/she would have said that airline pilots are required to possess a first class FAA medical certificate. Glaring carelessness like this makes me wonder how accurate the other statements and conclusions are.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There's an opposite view of this from part of the aviation community making me think it's too early to jump to conclusions.

About the change in PR level:
"The new guidance allows immediate issuance up to a PR of 300 ms. Technically, this longer interval is called an AV block, but block is a misnomer since the signal is not blocked, just delayed. (See a full explanation here.)
So why the change? It wasn’t because AMEs are finding more extended PR intervals due to vaccines, but because so many medicals have been flagged and delayed for no clinical reason, according to two AMEs I contacted. As stated in this FAA guidance, “First degree AV block in asymptomatic aircrew can be regarded as a normal variant up to 300 ms.”"

About actual observations and hearsay:
"I contacted five airline pilot friends of mine and two AMEs for any firsthand knowledge or experience with any pilots debilitated by COVID vaccines. Certainly, if this were true, they would have heard something. The general sentiment seems to be “I may have heard of a friend who had a friend …” No direct experience and no names. One pilot, who had access to the company’s long-term illness data, said it accounted for around 2 percent of the workforce, for everything, not just COVID-related disability. Another pilot told me he was told of a pilot who died after a COVID shot and this was attributed to vaccine reaction."
(Above quotes from Are COVID Vaccines Injuring Pilots? You Tell Us - AVweb)

About the knowledge of the author of the referenced story:
"The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requires first-class airline pilots to receive an electrocardiogram (EKG) starting at age 35 and continuing annually after age 40."

Some pilots might really be good, but officially, there is no such thing as a first-class airline pilot. If the author knew about his/her subject, he/she would have said that airline pilots are required to possess a first class FAA medical certificate. Glaring carelessness like this makes me wonder how accurate the other statements and conclusions are.
If you read carefully

1- the actual MD DoD employee that filed the whistleblower report didn’t relate her data to the adjusted A/V block, she simply used that “sudden change” to dig deeper into the overall adverse events. she didn’t cite the A/V block change as being included in the adverse events.

After querying all pilots across the DOD, for all-cause morbidity and mortality, I found a stunning increase in the number of reportable events, spiking from an average of 226 reportable events a year (2016-2019) to 4,059 reports in 2022,” she explained.
A DOD reportable event is any patient safety event resulting in death, permanent harm, or severe temporary harm—

This is the meat of the story.

2- I think you’re right in that the author (from Epoch Times) does use a misleading headline to make a connection, but the DOD MD does not. She finds a huge increase in reportable events (which do not include an EKG with a raised A/V time)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The DOD MD’s original affidavit

This is her 2nd whistleblower claim. The original was back in Nov of 2021

I think again the inference wasn’t intentional. She happens to be a flight surgeon, and the headline does address that, thus “pilots” is what she knows.
Lt. Col.Theresa Long, M.D., MPH, a board-certified aerospace medicine doctor and Army Brigade flight surgeon with specialty training as an aviation mishap investigator and safety officer

The reference to the A/V change was incidental and was the trigger she noted to dig deeper into the DMED data, NOT the cause of the adverse events she found.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Egg prices have gotten so high that my favorite breakfast place (called The Breakfast Place) is talking about closing down. They are currently loosing money and have already raised prices back in November(?) I think it was. They got a lot of flak about raising the prices but I thought they were still very reasonable. I hope they can hold on until the prices come back down.
May have to try it...Everywhere prices have went up...Do you go to the one in Spring?

1675443999196.png

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Just because I am old and etc. I pose a question. China is the worlds largest egg exporter.
Since we know China uses bio-weapons on the world, how hard would it be to infect chicken
farms with bird flu?

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
It's Time for the Scientific Community to Admit We Were Wrong About COVID and It Cost Lives | Opinion

As a medical student and researcher, I staunchly supported the efforts of the public health authorities when it came to COVID-19. I believed that the authorities responded to the largest public health crisis of our lives with compassion, diligence, and scientific expertise. I was with them when they called for lockdowns, vaccines, and boosters.

I was wrong. We in the scientific community were wrong. And it cost lives.

I can see now that the scientific community from the CDC to the WHO to the FDA and their representatives, repeatedly overstated the evidence and misled the public about its own views and policies, including on natural vs. artificial immunity, school closures and disease transmission, aerosol spread, mask mandates, and vaccine effectiveness and safety, especially among the young. All of these were scientific mistakes at the time, not in hindsight. Amazingly, some of these obfuscations continue to the present day.

My comment: From Newsweek no less.
Link not working?