Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Enjoyed this one .. worth my time ..

Thanks @mat200 very interesting. I walk 2 1/2 miles every day to combat insulin resistance and I do my own yard work. This is further encouragement to keep it up. Sounds like being outside is beneficial even if I have on long sleeves in colder weather, so I don't have to walk in a Speedo? Don't try to visualize that, it wouldn't be pretty.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting. So other than spending more time outside, can one take melatonin orally and get similar affects?
I took away that being outside is good, and that we really have not got a complete picture of how beneficial old wisdom really is.

And that supplements while useful can not fully cover the benefits of being outdoors.

( example sidewalk cafes in Europe are very popular .. )

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am 73, I ride my bicycle between 13 and 16 hours per week. I have not had covid.
My wife is 77 and walks 5 miles per day with the dogs, she has not had covid.
We live in the sunny swap called Houston tx.
We both take 4000iu D3 supplement and 10MG melatonin at night.
we have had the J&J vaccine early last year.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m adding melatonin to my daily regiment. While I live in FL frankly over the past two years for various reasons, I don’t spend much time outdoors like I used to.

Im reading studies saying anywhere from 5-10mg per day taken at night.

More data on therapeutics that our government never bothered to tell us

The preclinical data suggest that melatonin may inhibit COVID-19 progression. It may lower the risk of the entrance of the SARS-CoV-2 virus into cells, reduce uncontrolled hyper-inflammation and the activation of immune cells, limit the damage of tissues and multiorgan failure due to the action of free radicals, and reduce ventilator-induced lung injury and the risk of disability resulting from fibrotic changes within the lungs. Melatonin may also increase the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccination

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"Throughout the pandemic, there have been reports across China of pets being killed in the name of virus prevention after their owners are sent to isolation or quarantine, causing an outcry among the country’s growing legion of devoted pet owners. This week, a video widely shared online appeared to show an anti-epidemic worker in Shanghai beating a corgi to death on the street after its Covid-positive owner had been taken away. "

Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I’m not paranoid; I am hyper vigilant. I listened to this and I have to say it is sobering.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
“Control your souls desires for Freedom “

Wow, all of this over less than 1% death rate...Wake Up People!!! this has Nothing to due with a virus...Not a world I want to live in…Global Fear ,very important to understand where this spirit of Fear is coming from…

Last edited: