Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Well Mrs bigredfish came down with it yesterday. Headache, low fever, head congestion. O2 is good and she feels better today. Doing the FLCCC protocol and lining up monoclonal antibody treatment just in case.

So in case you’re wondering, we essentially live apart except weekends as she’s maintaining our house and I’m living with mom caring for her while we get our house ready to put on the market. Haven’t seen her since last Sat.
It’s tough but the best thing for us given the situation. Mom wouldn’t likely do well if she got it, I work remote but the Mrs has to go to the office every day.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well Mrs bigredfish came down with it yesterday. Headache, low fever, head congestion. O2 is good and she feels better today. Doing the FLCCC protocol and lining up monoclonal antibody treatment just in case.

So in case you’re wondering, we essentially live apart except weekends as she’s maintaining our house and I’m living with mom caring for her while we get our house ready to put on the market. Haven’t seen her since last Sat.
It’s tough but the best thing for us given the situation. Mom wouldn’t likely do well if she got it, I work remote but the Mrs has to go to the office every day.
Smart...Adding ya'll to my prayers...

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
High number of Omicron mutations render antibodies ineffective - study

The highly contagious COVID-19 Omicron variant has a large number of uniquely specific mutations that allow it to evade pre-existing antibodies in the human body, accounting for its high rate of infection, new research carried out by the University of Minnesota has found.

The peer-reviewed study titled “Omicron SARS-CoV-2 variant: Unique features and their impact on pre-existing antibodies” was first published in the Journal of Autoimmunity and was produced by Kamlendra Singh, a professor in the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine and assistant director of the college’s Molecular Interactions Core and Bond Life Sciences Center investigator.

The research team set out to gather data on the mutations found in the spike protein (S-protein) of the Omicron variant. An S-protein refers to a large structure projecting from the surface of the virus’s outermost layer, and they are most commonly associated with all forms of coronavirus cells.

The research team found an unprecedented number of mutations in the Omicron S-protein. They analyzed the available sequences of the virus along with the structural data on the spike protein in order to understand the possible impact that the high number of mutations could have on the binding of antibodies to the virus.

Antibodies allow the human body to fight off viruses that enter the system, preventing them from entering the immune system. While earlier in the COVID-19 pandemic it was thought that being infected with COVID-19, or being vaccinated against it, would provide enough antibodies to prevent reinfection, the Omicron variant has proved otherwise, as high amounts of people are being re-infected, or infected despite being fully vaccinated.

Continues

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

Paul Hacker

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Hang in there bigred, life will get easier.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

I hope she gets better soon, sounds like symptoms my wife had (she still has a lot of fatigue). I have often wondered how your mom was doing, a case of covid could be very bad for someone like her so good that she hasn't been exposed. I was listening to a doctor on a podcast yesterday and she thought hydroxychloroquine was looking to be more effective on the omicron variant but ivermectin seemed to do ok for my wife.

Paul Hacker

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hope she gets better soon, sounds like symptoms my wife had (she still has a lot of fatigue). I have often wondered how your mom was doing, a case of covid could be very bad for someone like her so good that she hasn't been exposed. I was listening to a doctor on a podcast yesterday and she thought hydroxychloroquine was looking to be more effective on the omicron variant but ivermectin seemed to do ok for my wife.
My sister-in-law sent me this article this morning There is a lot of good information regarding early treatment and the use of Ivermectin, Colchicine, etc.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This letter shows a list of Texas Children’s Pediatrics doctors who are now refusing to treat patients who are not fully vaccinated according to the CDC’s definition of fully vaccinated.

But of course, they're still dedicated to your child and his/her health... /sarc off

1642965772784.png

Paul Hacker

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This letter shows a list of Texas Children’s Pediatrics doctors who are now refusing to treat patients who are not fully vaccinated according to the CDC’s definition of fully vaccinated.

But of course, they're still dedicated to your child and his/her health... /sarc off

View attachment 116481
We need to remember these doctors names, so when the negative affects of this vaccine on kids finally emerges in greater numbers, we can “gently“ remind them and the hospital of which direction they chose. There should be financial accountability for making choices that harm our kids.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Arguing for Ivermectin was Dr. Paul Marik with Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance, who resigned his position as Professor of Medicine with Eastern Virginia Medical School following a reprimand from the Virginia Board of Medicine for proscribing drugs to people who were not his patients.

Marik has over 400 peer-reviewed journal articles and 50 book chapters under his belt.
Some key excerpts from his testimony can be seen below via Granite Grok:
This is not controversial. It has been made controversial by politics and special interests.
I’ve been practicing critical care for 35 years.
I’ve published over 600 peer reviewed papers.
After penicillin, this is the second most important drug ever produced. It has saved hundreds of thousands of lives across this planet in poor underserved countries. So, we’re just going to talk about Ivermectin.
It is on the WHO’s list of essential medicines.
3.7 Billion doses have been dispensed to humans, to human beings… not horses.
This is a remarkable drug. It has broad spectrum anti-parasitic, effective against a whole bunch of parasites, and as we heard, it is very effective against RNA viruses: HIV virus, zika virus, influenza virus, SARS-CoV-2 virus. In addition, what makes this a truly astonishing drug, and there is no other drug like it, it is a potent anti-inflamatory drug.
And if anybody knows about Covid, Covid goes through stages. A viral replicative phase to a profound inflammatory phase. That’s why Ivermectin is unique in that it treats across the spectrum of SARS-CoV-2.
It’s safe and well tolerated.
Ivermectin acts on a number of different pathways to inhibit viral replication. This is not theoretical. This is shown in the lab and this is shown in patients … it kills the virus. So any assumption that it doesn’t is false propaganda.”
You’ll see an 83% improvement in prophylaxis trials. 66% improvement in early trials. 34% improvement in late trials. A 52% reduction in mortality. It reduces mortality by half.

More via Granite Grok:
Dr. Marik left no stone unturned, and addressed the FDA’s propaganda statement, “You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously y’all. Stop it. You should not use Ivermectin to treat or prevent Covid-19 using the drug Ivermectin which can be dangerous and even lethal.”
So that is an outright lie. It’s dishonest and it’s an outrage.
As we’ll see, this is a highly effective drug, and Ivermectin has never killed a single person. It is one of the safest drugs on this planet.
What is really interesting is Ivermectin is safe in 79 countries in the world. Let me say that again… it is approved in 79 countries.
Let’s look at Covid-19 vaccines in one year: 14 thousand deaths and over two million serious adverse events. This does not include the 20,000 deaths in the VAERS database which is probably a tenth of all deaths due to the vaccine. This is their data.

So somehow the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines are safe and effective, yet Ivermectin is a dangerous horse deworming medicine. That is an absolute outright lie. The data speaks for itself. This is not my data. This is from the WHO.
More people have died from Tylenol, which is an over-the-counter medicine, than Ivermectin. As I said, it is one of the safest medications on this planet.

Dr. Marik then compared Ivermectin to Remdesivir (the EUA drug that is pushed on Covid patients in hospitals). There is no comparison…
The cost of Remdesivir: $3,000 a shot. Ivermectin: pennies.
Remdesivir increases the risk of dying by 4%. This is used throughout the entire country as first line therapy for hospitalized patients. It increases the risk of death by 4%, and what is most outrageous is the federal government gives hospitals a 20% bonus on the entire hospital bill for medicare patients if they prescribe Remdesivir.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, day 3 and no temp, O2 99, no real congestion, just tired. I think she’s the road to recovery.

We’ve planned all along to move to the lake house we bought for Mom 5 years ago when we retired. I’m just 23 months away! So we’re just moving that date up so we can get back to living together!. It’s only 25 minutes from our house, up in Lake County (a solid Conservative stronghold) . It’s gonna mean serious downsizing but we’re ready for that. And it’s less than 2 miles to the range :cool:

Hopefully we can get it done soon while prices are still crazy high. It’ll add a nice chunk to retirement ;)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, day 3 and no temp, O2 99, no real congestion, just tired. I think she’s the road to recovery.

We’ve planned all along to move to the lake house we bought for Mom 5 years ago when we retired. I’m just 23 months away! So we’re just moving that date up so we can get back to living together!. It’s only 25 minutes from our house, up in Lake County (a solid Conservative stronghold) . It’s gonna mean serious downsizing but we’re ready for that. And it’s less than 2 miles to the range :cool:

Hopefully we can get it done soon while prices are still crazy high. It’ll add a nice chunk to retirement ;)
You taking your cams with you or starting with all new LOL.