Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m no scientist and haven’t stayed at a Holiday Inn in a while, but aren’t all 3 essentially the same core technology?
I would imagine so but I haven't really gotten into this vaccine stuff very deeply.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been curious about the complication/death rates of the CCP Virus vaccines. I'm not talking about the implications of an rDNA vaccine at all, just adverse side effects and death rates. Watching the lamestream media talk about the blood clotting with J&J, setting their hair on fire, over a few cases out of millions administered doses I had to go looking. Yes, a clotting reaction is serious but still seems extremely rare, as in .00000001 percent. I found this one, with some numbers, and it appears to me that EVERY vaccine has its' hazards, bad reactions and deaths. So far, strictly in those terms, I don't think there's a major problem with them.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what a dose of these vaccines cost? Just answered my own question. The Pfizer is $19.50 per dose, $39 for the treatment. Moderna is $27-$39 per dose, $54-$78 for the treatment. Why they have a price range beats me. Astra-Zeneca is $3 to $4 per dose, $6 to $8 for the treatment. J&J is $10 dose/treatment. Not as pricey as I expected. Source for the pricing is Motley Fool.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First AstraZeneca, then J&J, is anyone perplexed by this?
Hi @Arjun

Not at all perplexed... the J&J AstraZeneca vaccines iirc basically are the corona shell with no active virus, the issue is the spike protein connects to the ACE2 receptor.. which is all over your body, including blood cells.

Anyone who has a significant reaction to the vaccines imho would have been clobbered by the actual virus ( as the virus will replicate like mad.. )

This is why the mRNA vaccines are better.. they just produce the spike proteins separately, that is not attached to a crown... ( well the sphere ) - this way clots are a reduced issue.

The statistics are clear, the vaccines are far safer for most than getting the actual Corona China Wuhan SARS-CoV-2 virus.

If you are young enough, your odds vs Covid-19 are very good.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wow.. that's completely misleading.. there's so little of any of that in the vaccines.. heck, people probably getting more crap from the water they are drinking everyday - or the air pollution in their homes / neighborhoods or the plastics in their cars vaporizing on a hot day.. ( recycling the AC air for example.. loaded with Formaldehyde .. or that "New Car" smell )

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m no scientist and haven’t stayed at a Holiday Inn in a while, but aren’t all 3 essentially the same core technology?
Vaccine tech..

US operation Warp Speed picked
2x - mRNA tech
2x - Replication Defective Line vector platform
2x - Recombinant subunit adjuvanted protein platform

1618519725534.png

The NovaVax and Sanofi/GSK should be good also..

btw - getting orders from mRNA vaccine produces was the most important thing imho that Trump did... this has allowed the USA to reduce the death rates of the pandemic significantly as we vaccinate those over 50

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @Arjun

This is why the mRNA vaccines are better.. they just produce the spike proteins separately, that is not attached to a crown... ( well the sphere ) - this way clots are a reduced issue.

If you are young enough, your odds vs Covid-19 are very good.
Except if you believe this article, the bloodclot risk with mRNA (4 per 1 million) is actually higher than the J&J (1 in 1million)....yet we never saw a pause for the mRNA that we all know Fauci had his hands into: "This messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine, which is part of a new approach to vaccination, was co-developed by NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)."

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Except if you believe this article, the bloodclot risk with mRNA (4 per 1 million) is actually higher than the J&J (1 in 1million)....yet we never saw a pause for the mRNA that we all know Fauci had his hands into: "This messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine, which is part of a new approach to vaccination, was co-developed by NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)."

thanks @wittaj

interesting. I've got more to learn on this one..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard what a dose of these vaccines cost? Just answered my own question. The Pfizer is $19.50 per dose, $39 for the treatment. Moderna is $27-$39 per dose, $54-$78 for the treatment. Why they have a price range beats me. Astra-Zeneca is $3 to $4 per dose, $6 to $8 for the treatment. J&J is $10 dose/treatment. Not as pricey as I expected. Source for the pricing is Motley Fool.
Times 7 Billion People...Possibly Yearly...Someone is getting Rich...