Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From what I've read, Johnson & Johnson started testing when the new covid variants (Africa, Brazil) came out (vs the two others) and it was less effective in prevention, but prevents hospitalization, according to their trials. The J&J vaccine recently showed up at universities and some drug stores here. Also, they are doing a study of giving a second dose about 2+ months apart to see if a booster helps.

Pick your poison:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I obviously didn't make my point, using the breakthrough deaths only as an example.

Step 1: The experts and media tell us something very definite.
Step 2: You're a science denier, ignoramus, etc. to not believe it.
Step 3: There's an explanation why step 1 wasn't correct.
Step 4: Go to step 1.

Other examples:
Don''t need to wear masks
Need to wear masks
Need to disinfect surfaces
Don't need to disinfect surfaces
Need to flatten the curve for a few weeks
Need year-long lockdowns
Vaccines effective against variants
Vaccines less effective against variants

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly this.

The “experts” would be better off saying “ we don’t know how well it will work, we don’t know the long term implications, it’s all one big fucking science experiment”....

Because
1- this is much closer to the truth
2- they won’t lose credibility like they are now from putting out bullshit

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

For all the noise made over Covid-19, many people might be surprised to find out that it was not the leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2020. It came in third, behind heart disease and cancer, according to a new CDC study. COVID-19 was listed as the underlying cause of 345,323 deaths during 2020 and was the third leading underlying cause of death, after heartdisease (690,882 deaths) and cancer (598,932) That is reality in a nutshell.

395D625D-CB29-4A2F-95A6-9CD173DC272F.png
Total deaths in America in 2020, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) came in at 2,913,144. Considering that there were 2,845,793 deaths in 2019 and 2,831,836 deaths in 2018, this is not surprising.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What could go wrong?

Holding up a vial of green tissue-like gel, which contains the chip, Hepburn proclaimed “You put it underneath your skin and what that tells you is that there are chemical reactions going on inside the body, and that signal means you are going to have symptoms tomorrow.”

“It’s like a ‘check engine’ light,” Hepburn added, noting that those with the chip “would get the signal, then self-administer a blood draw and test themselves on site.”

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
But, but, but... you need to get that jab, you MUST get that jab! The science says so! Oh, this is so sad, what would the science guy say...

"Did I get the vaccine?
What vaccine?
If you mean one of the untested gene therapies, which are not vaccines, that are supposed to make you immune to one of the thousands of coronavirus my immune system has handled just fine over more than 50 years, then the answer is no. I never get the flu shot either."

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Rut Ro - liberals are turning on the narrative...

Sanjay Gupta Breaks With CNN, Backs COVID Lab Escape Theory As 'Simplest Explanation' | ZeroHedge

CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta is backing former CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield's March 26 assertion in an interview with Gupta that COVID-19 escaped from a Wuhan lab which was performing gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses to make them more easily infect humans, and did not originate via the 'natural origin' theory.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
“I don’t think it was pulling the trigger too quickly,” Fauci said, adding, “That’s one of the things that I think is such a good thing about our system here, is that we are ruled by the science, not by any other consideration.”

What good is following the science when the science keeps changing? Or is it that what we're fed is really politics disguised as science? I think it's the 2nd choice, and has been all along.

Dr. Anthony Fauci Defends Johnson & Johnson Coronavirus Vaccine Pause: ‘We Are Ruled By Science

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
“According to new research from Pfizer and Moderna, it looks like COVID-19 immunity will last at least six months in fully vaccinated people, ....”

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting conversation with my EX Mrs bigredfish who’s a 40 year Transplant coordinator for a large tri-state area. She deals with many top Docs and various hospitals.

On the subject of probability that the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vax brought on Moms stroke and that all of the docs I’ve discussed the chain of events with refuse to even consider it:

BRF she says: we’ve seen way more similar reactions than are being reported. Docs and Hospitals won’t touch the subject. They’re in the pockets of the drug companies. It’s a whole new major revenue stream and it’s just getting started.