Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They gave me a steroid shot and a Rx for Lageviro, an antiviral similar to Paxlovid but without (hopefully) the negative reaction to Alfuzosin, a Rx I take for my prostate.
They are concerned about my lungs; I had pneumonia in 2017 and again in 2021 when I had COVID.

I'm VERY pleased that after smoking for 22 years ('65 to '87) I quit. It's been almost 37 years now and I doubt I'd be typing this right now had I not quit. :headbang:
"I'm VERY pleased that after smoking for 22 years ('65 to '87) I quit. It's been almost 37 years now and I doubt I'd be typing this right now had I not quit "

Thank you @TonyR for quitting smoking .. it's good to have you here.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They gave me a steroid shot and a Rx for Lagevrio, an antiviral similar to Paxlovid but without (hopefully) the negative reaction to Alfuzosin, a Rx I take for my prostate.
They are concerned about my lungs; I had pneumonia in 2017 and again in 2021 when I had COVID.

I'm VERY pleased that after smoking for 22 years ('65 to '87) I quit. It's been almost 37 years now and I doubt I'd be typing this right now had I not quit. :headbang:

EDIT 2/11 @1310 CT: forget the Rx for Lagevrio, they wanted over $320 because it's not on my approved Blue Cross / Blue Shield medication list! :confused:
Let's see I quit, not stopped like all the times before, in 2002, so 22 years here. I smoked from 1977 to 2002, with a few years of stopping while trying to quit, plus last last few years I was down to half a pack a day. So maybe 20 years too of smoking. Amazing when I quit, it took maybe 3 months and I was able to do So Much more. Could walk much longer distances without getting winded...did gain weight though, also amazing how great everything tasted, haha

I truly don't see how people can afford it now...crazy, thinking when I first started it was 50 cents a pack. I know someone paying about $300 a month...crazy

1707691695240.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's see I quit, not stopped like all the times before, in 2002, so 22 years here. I smoked from 1977 to 2002, with a few years of stopping while trying to quit, plus last last few years I was down to half a pack a day. So maybe 20 years too of smoking. Amazing when I quit, it took maybe 3 months and I was able to do So Much more. Could walk much longer distances without getting winded...did gain weight though, also amazing how great everything tasted, haha

I truly don't see how people can afford it now...crazy, thinking when I first started it was 50 cents a pack. I know someone paying about $300 a month...crazy

View attachment 186006
Congrats to you, too.
Wife is a retired RN, spent 25+ years in 2 hospitals in NW AL, says her guestimate of number people in this area's hospitals with smoking-related issues is close to 65%....COPD, emphysema, etc. :confused:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I quit smoking but, I vape. I ran into a Karen at the Dr's office last week, no batteries in
the vape, she told me to go outside and smoke very rudely. I stated only a fool
would smoke in an office. She then told me to leave. They were shocked when
my wife got up to leave too. I then wanted a refund on the pre-payment. She the said
she was going to call the cops. I said go right ahead! She then started to push me while
telling me she's going to call the cops! WE left what a fine civilization we live in.

It sure is great living in a small town.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Geez talk about peer pressure …., 45 years smoker here…. :confused:
Haha. Former smoker here too, quit about 40 years ago when our children were very young. I wish I could say I felt so much better when I quit smoking but I don't recall feeling any better. I do recall my change in taste, I guess the coating wears off your tongue, about 3 days after I quit I ate breakfast and thought it was the best meal I had ever eaten in my life. I gained weight due to that improvement in taste and the fact that I always wanted to smoke when I got hungry, so I ate instead of smoking. Not to be a downer but I missed smoking for a long, long time.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mind blow .. pandemic vaccine mandates, gets rid of Americans in the Military who question orders .. illegal migrants mostly younger men, who could be given citizenship for military service, and would be more loyal to the ruling cabal ..