Ordering out of country concerns

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have done some homework and most seem to keep pointing in the direction of dahua. I have been in talks with Andy at empiretec and he seems like a nice guy and has helped me a bunch. I guess I’m just reluctant to order from another country without any U.S. based support or a phone number I can call and talk to someone. It may be fine just have never done business this way before and it’s a lot of money to spend so I was hoping to hear some feedback from everyone as far as ordering from Andy and if there are any options in ordering from a U.S. based company. Thank you for your help.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do a forum search on andy and Empire Tec. There are 100s of post from satisfied customers. He stands behind the product. I have purchased a number of items from him, zero problems. He posts upgraded firmware.

He provides forum member new cameras to review without charge. I have yet to see another vendor do that .

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See Andy's subforum here: EmpireTech Andy | IP Cam Talk
Hundreds of us have ordered through Andy the past 3-4 years. He's always been a standup guy, and tries to always do what's right.
Your US based tech support is right here on this forum.

Failure rate is very small, and usually it's from improper water proofing of connections.
If you want to purchase from a US based seller, B&H photo is one. But, they don't always carry the better models than we can get from Andy, which is the International Versions.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it's a lot of money, order just one camera first and see how it goes. Shipping is free anyway I believe.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve ordered around a $1000 worth of cams from Andy with no issues whatsoever. He is a wealth of information, is willing to help and answer your questions and delivery is ultra fast. Support is from a distance but that’s something I was willing to accept given the price and models that he can supply.

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can also confirm, Andy is absolutely worth working with. Before him, it always felt like a shot in the dark ordering on other international sites like Ali-express or Ebay, you never knew what to expect. He's also SUPER fast at shipping, like I've had cameras show up from him faster than items mailed in the states.

Reaction score
Ok guys. Thanks for the info. I’m going to move forward and order from Andy. Y’all please just be around when I need some help. Thank y’all very much!!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Having bought a few cameras from Andy, the only issue I've had is with DHL. The cameras get to within 150 miles of me in a couple of days, then DHL takes their sweet time for the local delivery, typically a few more days. The worst case was two winters ago when they sat on the camera for a week and a half supposedly because of a couple inches of snow. This is an exception case with my local DHL setup. Most who have posted delivery info report getting the cameras from Andy in 2 or 3 days.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I've ordered multiple cams from @EMPIRETECANDY . Some have made it here in about 72 hours which is crazy given the fact of all that mileage in the delivery :)

Just got a new cam today 10/29 that was ordered 10/25. You can't go wrong.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have done some homework and most seem to keep pointing in the direction of dahua. I have been in talks with Andy at empiretec and he seems like a nice guy and has helped me a bunch. I guess I’m just reluctant to order from another country without any U.S. based support or a phone number I can call and talk to someone. It may be fine just have never done business this way before and it’s a lot of money to spend so I was hoping to hear some feedback from everyone as far as ordering from Andy and if there are any options in ordering from a U.S. based company. Thank you for your help.
hi!

If you are afriad to buy from China directly, then can buy on our amazon shop. EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, he's my go to also. Just ordered some 5632RP-ZE turrets and they arrived in less than a week to the US. Top flight vendor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk