Ordered Sony SNC-VB770 Image Sensor Size 35MM :)

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
770 No, I am not using any IR Illumination for that, since its running in color. Also given how expensive the camera was for me I only run this guy at night time. So I can maximize its life...

Since I have like 32 other cams around my property capturing just perfectly fine at daytime. This is solely for night time for me to capture great color details..
Geez, you got me beat (currently 18)....although some are in the attic on the off chance I ever get a rodent intrusion again. 4 of them are auto tracking(2 hikvision, 1 dahua, and 1 sunba) which gives quite a bit more coverage than non tracking.

I'm not sure running it at night will extend the life. If you're actually power cycling it every day, heating up the electronics and then letting them cool every single day, it may shorten the life far more than just letting it run continuously.

It's been two days and the camera still hasn't shipped. Getting a little nervous.

Question: are you using dual streams for the 770?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I am a piker compared to you. :p
haha , I love your setup specially you got me to understand the Sensor size vs MP always thank you for that @Parley and also love your Camouflage cams too By the way cant wait to see your new additions specially once new 4/3 start hitting the market..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Geez, you got me beat (currently 18)....although some are in the attic on the off chance I ever get a rodent intrusion again. 4 of them are auto tracking(2 hikvision, 1 dahua, and 1 sunba) which gives quite a bit more coverage than non tracking.

I'm not sure running it at night will extend the life. If you're actually power cycling it every day, heating up the electronics and then letting them cool every single day, it may shorten the life far more than just letting it run continuously.

It's been two days and the camera still hasn't shipped. Getting a little nervous.

Question: are you using dual streams for the 770?
I have some which have multi sensor so Maybe less but it gets to a point where I have to use grouping at times Like FrontYard vs Back side etc...

1662230765245.png
I hope it does extend the life, As running at night means outside it is generally cooler vs DayTime. Also the side I have the cam on see lot of sun in daytime and than not running like 8 hours or more which will be required in daytime and than more storage space too.

Now as far as Running in SubStream OMG If Sony could do that I would love it but so far I do not see a way to run a sub-stream with 770..

Last edited:

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now as far as Running in SubStream OMG If Sony could do that I would love it but so far I do not see a way to run a sub-stream with 770..
It must support it. My 2 year older 635s do.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
haha , I love your setup specially you got me to understand the Sensor size vs MP always thank you for that @Parley and also love your Camouflage cams too By the way cant wait to see your new additions specially once new 4/3 start hitting the market..
I have a spot for one if the price is not too high.

Last edited:

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 635 supports 3 streams. I have two enabled. The 770 is supposed to allow 5 streams:
Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 12.42.24 PM.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It must support it. My 2 year older 635s do.
The 635 supports 3 streams. I have two enabled. The 770 is supposed to allow 5 streams:
View attachment 138884
So in the past I did try something not sure what exactly since did not try to poke around that but now you have me on this,

I am gonna have to try this.. So last time I try something I don't remember exactly but It was like either staying on 4k or 1080 or something.. Thank you for this.. If this work it be nice to to have a substream and a main stream like all my other cams.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So I just try again the multi stream so the option is there however it does not let me go above 5fps...

1662259755857.png

I Have it on 4k Multi-Stream... When I do 4k 30Fps Stream cannot do SubStream than.. option goes away..

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I just try again the multi stream so the option is there however it does not let me go above 5fps...

View attachment 138942

I Have it on 4k Multi-Stream... When I do 4k 30Fps Stream cannot do SubStream than.. option goes away..
Wow! That may be a deal breaker for me and this is not something that is disclosed in the user guide. I wonder if this could have contributed to low sales and it ultimately being discontinued.

Are you on the latest firmware?

What if you lower the bitrate? Does that add higher framerates in the dropdown?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 770 manual literally shows a screenshot with the 4k Image 1 codec at 10 fps with Image 2 also enabled. Try not enabling image 3 but just 1 and 2 and lower the bitrate of the 4k image 1 down to 16kbs just for kicks. i.e. can you get to the same screen shot shown in the owners manual?

Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 8.11.42 PM.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Definitely not right. Surprised it can't at least get to parity with the 770 screenshot. Are you on the latest firmware?
No not on the Latest firmware, I know that since last time I spoke to Bosch it sounded like I had to reset password to something else than try firmware upgrade.. But I was like everything is working and do NOT want to risk it by updating the firmware... But they did not say anything about FPS on the latest firmware.. I will check back on the output mode once I am home.. let you know. Thanks!

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@tech101 check your output mode
The manual mentions something about fps limits if you're also outputting to hdmi....even if you don't have an hdmi cable plugged in.

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
@tech101 What is your output mode set to in the installation tab?
Here is the installation tab..

1662345361315.png

Current settings... Only way to make the Image2 and 3 to even turn on is to put this in Multi Mode..

I have not try Full HD yet.. But i did try 4k Multi Streaming earlier..

1662345427926.png

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think the next thing is to try the latest firmware version. Other than that, since it doesn't match the owners manual, I'd start thinking it's a hardware defect.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the next thing is to try the latest firmware version. Other than that, since it doesn't match the owners manual, I'd start thinking it's a hardware defect.
Will try to call bosch one of these days, don't wanna try the firmware as for now, since its been running just fine in main stream so not sure if its worth the risk also seems like FPS will be limited to 10 at best with SS I am running 15 rite now and can even run 30.. Maybe once you get your cam, will be interesting if you can please see if your is on a different firmware or same and see if you can duplicate the same result or better result..