Opinions Please: Stranger Exercises on My Front Porch, Farts, Then Leaves

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking of this right when it happened. But there is way too much downsides to that. On the other hand, I could just post a pic and ask if you know this guy, PM me as I need to talk to him.
What's the downside this dude his hanging around your house like he owns the place...I would be concernedhe may have some mental issues and is harmless but why chance it..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While he was on the porch, only one car came by and no one walking. It just seems kind of strange that he would stay there so long if he was up to something. The longer you are there, the more chance you have of a confrontation.
If he ran right away, then it is a clear sign he was casing the place.

Once he saw your cameras, he committed to the act of being lost and would play that card if you opened the door.

Or maybe he really was lost, mental issue, etc., but he didn't act like that either. A little lost as part of the act maybe, but he seemed to be aware enough to not be a mental issue.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
No clue what I just watched (other than some of the worst attempts at stretching), but, and I could be wrong, it didn't look like he was casing the place.

However, he walked up to the door, did his stretches, looked at the door for half a second with the keys out and THEN decided it wasn't familiar. He had already looked at the door when he walked up, why did he realize so quickly the second time it was wrong. Also, I would have thought he would have looked at the door, paused longer with realization, and then walked away. The same with when he walked back to the street. I think any normal person would have paused, looked around to get their bearings, and then walked off.

Definitely pick a view with his face that would make sense, maybe one of the sidelight cams, and post it to your neighborhood page and see if anyone comments that their uncle was in town, went for a walk, and got confused and tried the wrong house.

Nitescan

n3wb
Reaction score
IDK- Man, definitely awkward here. IK- Ik- looks too young for dementia setting in, but it can happen anytime. Only reason I'm saying is out in the street dude cannot make up his mind which way to go. The other side of me says, possible pervert, does he know you/yourself was home? What day was this? Workday for you? You have more than one vehicle & which one do you drive. He looks directly at the camera- Like she will open the door anytime now. Like everybody says, possibly casing the place for later. Then, he throws the whole thing off by getting his keys out & oops wrong house, then it's which way do I go. You cannot help but see each camera in all directions & he sees them & produces absolutely no reaction what-so-ever. At some point he has to realize he isn't at the right house- if there is some dementia going on, he gets the keys out but isn't trying to hard to go through the door to get sat down in his favorite recliner. FKNG Weird!! If he's my neighbor, we are having a talk!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's face it, most of us have cameras because we are somewhat skeptical and question every motion around our house LOL.

But the more I think about this and the more I watch it, I think it is an expert casing the house or vehicle.

Why would he take a picture out across the street in the intersection if he was confused - only if he were sending to the house he was visiting and texted them saying "I am lost and I am at this intersection, how do I get back"

He didn't, it appears he took the picture and then proceeded down the street and 90 degree turned for a beeline to your porch. Probably looking at the Jeep. The picture was for reference for the thieves later.

Wears name brand clothing and a USGA golf hat to blend in with the neighborhood. Nobody driving past him would think he is out of place in the neighborhood.

He doesn't flinch at all with the cameras and in facts makes eye contact - he is just the spotter and doesn't care to be identified as he will just play the bumbling lost visitor if approached.

This isn't his first casing job and he knows if he immediately turned around when seeing your cameras, your radar would have immediately went off. He has planned for what to do and act if he sees cameras, so he knows he needs to sell the confused visitor if approached.

When he pulls his phone out stretching with his leg on the window sill, I think he is typing in a few notes about the house.

This is when we need CSI digital zoom lol, but it looks like a picture on the bottom half of the screen and notes on the top half

1702388407077.png

When he proceeds to look over the porch at the garage and the Jeep, that was him assessing if there were any other cameras and the distance from the garage to car for one of those FOB repeater devices.

Then for good measure he pulls the keys out to further try to sell the over the top poor acting.

When he leaves and starts one way and then the other, it is all just an act to sell the confused person story.

I would park that vehicle in the garage if room, protect the FOB from RF stealer if you can't garage it, and unplug the battery to give you more time to react when they show up to steal it.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Let's face it, most of us have cameras because we are somewhat skeptical and question every motion around our house LOL.

But the more I think about this and the more I watch it, I think it is an expert casing the house or vehicle.

Why would he take a picture out across the street in the intersection if he was confused - only if he were sending to the house he was visiting and texted them saying "I am lost and I am at this intersection, how do I get back"

He didn't, it appears he took the picture and then proceeded down the street and 90 degree turned for a beeline to your porch. Probably looking at the Jeep. The picture was for reference for the thieves later.

Wears name brand clothing and a USGA golf hat to blend in with the neighborhood. Nobody driving past him would think he is out of place in the neighborhood.

He doesn't flinch at all with the cameras and in facts makes eye contact - he is just the spotter and doesn't care to be identified as he will just play the bumbling lost visitor if approached.

This isn't his first casing job and he knows if he immediately turned around when seeing your cameras, your radar would have immediately went off. He has planned for what to do and act if he sees cameras, so he knows he needs to sell the confused visitor if approached.

When he pulls his phone out stretching with his leg on the window sill, I think he is typing in a few notes about the house.

This is when we need CSI digital zoom lol, but it looks like a picture on the bottom half of the screen and notes on the top half

View attachment 179846

When he proceeds to look over the porch at the garage and the Jeep, that was him assessing if there were any other cameras and the distance from the garage to car for one of those FOB repeater devices.

Then for good measure he pulls the keys out to further try to sell the over the top poor acting.

When he leaves and starts one way and then the other, it is all just an act to sell the confused person story.

I would park that vehicle in the garage if room, protect the FOB from RF stealer if you can't garage it, and unplug the battery to give you more time to react when they show up to steal it.
Seems like a lot of effort. @samplenhold What you got in there...?

If they're going to go as far as to send out a spotter (and be that organized), then they would have already cased from a distance and saw cameras and planned accordingly. Maybe have sent someone as a door to door solicitor for a couple houses, to make it look more realistic and have an excuse in case they had someone come to the door.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is the transaction with my LE friend:

LE: That's some weird ass shit!

Me: Right?
LE: Case the house for a burglary, I'd say no. My brain thinks: 1. he is nuts and who knows what is going on in his mind. 2. Do they have kids? I'm getting a sexual deviant vibe from this guy. If theory 2 is correct, he lives in the neighborhood.
Me: I think they're older, so likely grown kids.
LE: Then could have been for her (wife).
LE: I don't get the burglar vibe from him. Way he was dressed and mannerisms. I am sticking with my 2 theories.

So, then it progressed into this, as if we didn't need more proof.

LE: Props on them for having good cameras though. Everyone pretty much has a Ring doorbell camera and they never catch shit.
Me: We try telling everyone this. Ring, Nest, Arlo, etc are all shit
Me: My neighbors give me shit for the number of cameras around my house, but they all have a purpose and are better quality than Ring
Me: They make fun until something happens and they come asking for footage.
LE: Exactly! I have 360 coverage and i feel thats not enough.
Me: This is something that happened in my neighborhood over the summer and these are the photos that were posted. (Proceed to share post and photos from my Stranger Danger post.)
LE: Yep typical. Drives me insane. I deal with this shit every incident.
LE: What brand is that? I'm due for an upgrade.

Me: Andy cams.
Me: Send link to PTZ Auto-tracking from Spotter video.
LE: Jesus Christ that's great! Way better quality than Flock.
Me: Sends link to Andy cams on Amazon...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My money is still on the Jeep. Seems almost every organized crime ring busted has Jeeps as a target.