Opinions Please: Stranger Exercises on My Front Porch, Farts, Then Leaves

Nitescan

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the transaction with my LE friend:

LE: That's some weird ass shit!
Me: Right?
LE: Case the house for a burglary, I'd say no. My brain thinks: 1. he is nuts and who knows what is going on in his mind. 2. Do they have kids? I'm getting a sexual deviant vibe from this guy. If theory 2 is correct, he lives in the neighborhood.
Me: I think they're older, so likely grown kids.
LE: Then could have been for her (wife).
LE: I don't get the burglar vibe from him. Way he was dressed and mannerisms. I am sticking with my 2 theories.

So, then it progressed into this, as if we didn't need more proof.

LE: Props on them for having good cameras though. Everyone pretty much has a Ring doorbell camera and they never catch shit.
Me: We try telling everyone this. Ring, Nest, Arlo, etc are all shit
Me: My neighbors give me shit for the number of cameras around my house, but they all have a purpose and are better quality than Ring
Me: They make fun until something happens and they come asking for footage.
LE: Exactly! I have 360 coverage and i feel thats not enough.
Me: This is something that happened in my neighborhood over the summer and these are the photos that were posted. (Proceed to share post and photos from my Stranger Danger post.)
LE: Yep typical. Drives me insane. I deal with this shit every incident.
LE: What brand is that? I'm due for an upgrade.

Me: Andy cams.
Me: Send link to PTZ Auto-tracking from Spotter video.
LE: Jesus Christ that's great! Way better quality than Flock.
Me: Sends link to Andy cams on Amazon...
Almost same scenario & conversation my buddy(Sergeant LEO) & I had- My neighborhood is the same as yours, they all know I got cameras on every corner of the place, even on the fence line. Leo's knock on the door all time, hey- could you check your cameras & see if somebody on a pit bike came by at such & such time, there was one stolen down the street, or the guy across the street had his car broken into...... blah-blah.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hyper vigilance is a step up from paranoia which works for me!
Yep!

I guess I am not the only one finding it coincidental that his neighbor's Charger SRT, probably pushing close to $100k, was stolen less than a week after the lost/confused dude walked around taking pictures and notes?

Reaction score
his neighbor's Charger SRT
Not my neighbor's car. But in the next subdivision. That is actually the first car theft I had heard of around here. Mostly door checkers and porch pirates. A couple of actual break the window and grab some stuff in the car in the last few years. Stuff stolen for a garage or two when the homeowner left the garage door open all night. Not heard of any house breaks.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just saw an old lady exercises on my front doorstep today. She goes to every house on the block with stairs and railing and does her routine of walking one step up the stairs and back while holding on the railing for 1-2 minutes and then on to the next house. I don't recognize her but don't think she is doing anything suspicious as she looks to be in her 70s. :)