OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I can confirm mine is pulling in new cars because it matches my OpenALPR dashboard. Very odd indeed.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I just tried it again and I can hit it from outside no problem, so its not a networking thing. Everything works, but no new cars. The logs look just like if there were new cars, but nothing shows up

Tomorrow morning I might try deploy from scratch and see if maybe I'm doing something wrong

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
try testing the webhook from the openalpr side, it's working for me as well. also check the "include ignored plates" checkbox. Make sure your openalpr camera id in the dashboard matches the id on openalprs website.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting, I don't have a camera ID since I don't have any cameras added in the webhook client. Could that be the cause?

This is all I have set

1611929819639.png

1611929833520.png

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you won't get any plates if you don't have the cameras added, your logs should have messages like unknown camera, skipping

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have cameras in OpenALPR, just not in the webhook. Does that mean I should now add the cameras into the Webhook client too? I never had them in there before

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just add the camera in the webhook service and (if you don't want overlays) make up an incorrect IP address that the overlay gets sent to or give it the wrong username/password.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay cool I added the cameras, waiting for a car now

Sometimes I wonder if I should just run out there with an old plate...

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
YES! it works, thanks guys!!!!!!

I've come to prefer this UI over OpenALPR honestly, its just so much easier

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup. I never even open the official OpenALPR dashboard any more. This is my "go to" for looking up plate data. I just leave it open on my laptop all day when I'm at home. Once he adds the ability to use lenient searching and alerts (Pushover, Telegram, etc...) it should become the standard tool that most will move to since its so damn easy to deploy.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Ohhh I like being able to toggle the overlay. That is a great feature! What is the day/night toggle?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am consolidating all of my hacky solutions for my CCTV into one tool, day/night toggle uses the gps position of the camera to calculate sunrise/sunset and turn the camera to night mode.

overlay toggle is so i can add all my cameras in here and use this to control my cameras day/night status and only get the overlays on my plate cameras.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I am consolidating all of my hacky solutions for my CCTV into one tool, day/night toggle uses the gps position of the camera to calculate sunrise/sunset and turn the camera to night mode.

overlay toggle is so i can add all my cameras in here and use this to control my cameras day/night status and only get the overlays on my plate cameras.
Ahh I see. Man that is awesome! Yeah I use program called Sunwait to automate that. Runs as cronjob. But If I can replace it with this then even better! Please allow an offset in minutes (+/- sunrise/sunset)!

Last edited: