OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
There may be an issue editing a user. I just tried to change my password and got this error message:

Screenshot from 2021-01-20 20-47-03.png

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Ever notice how cars literally don't come past when you want them to? 4211 plates in the last 7 days, and now no one drives past?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ok i changed it so after the first user is registered no other users can register, they have to be created through the users screen.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you spot anything wrong here? I'm getting a login failed message and no plates, not sure what exactly from

1611199868845.png

Config

1611199899666.png

Web works

1611199913653.png

Webhooks work

1611199945352.png

1611199960976.png

Seems like it should be working

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If only I could get docker working on my computer. I tried every solution I could find and nothing would work.

Fortunately for the moment with BI and Plate Recognizer integration along with their products I am able to get this, but would love to pull it local with OpenALPR and these tools people created at some point.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If only I could get docker working on my computer. I tried every solution I could find and nothing would work.

Fortunately for the moment with BI and Plate Recognizer integration along with their products I am able to get this, but would love to pull it local with OpenALPR and these tools people created at some point.
you can download the windows version from the github page Releases · mlapaglia/OpenAlprWebhookProcessor

Last edited:

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will work on the user updating, i copied the code from a tutorial but it looks like some methods like updating are missing.

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
v3.1.2 is building now, it fixes user registration and user updating

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Sweet! That should do it. As noted above you could either have a different port for the WebUI or implement a fail2ban feature as well just to tighten security up a bit more if desired.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well dang...now I have to get up to speed on this again LOL.

Can someone confirm/correct me on my assumptions:
  • OpenALPR can run on cloud or local - if I run local do I need docker?
  • Does OpenALPR use a video stream or snapshots from BI like Plate Recognizer does?
  • If it is a video stream - is that for both cloud or local?
  • Am I reading correctly that you have developed, or already did, a way to then store the plates in a database for historical searches and stuff?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I think there might be a typo in the wiki, I used /webhooks and got 500, I changed it to /webhook on a whim, I now get 200

Maybe I'm wrong though, need a car!

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Awesome, now to wait for the next car again. I've considered walking out there with a spare plate...

Might get offended when it says I'm a box van though

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well dang...now I have to get up to speed on this again LOL.

Can someone confirm/correct me on my assumptions:
  • OpenALPR can run on cloud or local - if I run local do I need docker?
  • Does OpenALPR use a video stream or snapshots from BI like Plate Recognizer does?
  • If it is a video stream - is that for both cloud or local?
  • Am I reading correctly that you have developed, or already did, a way to then store the plates in a database for historical searches and stuff?
  • openalpr has a client that runs on your local machine, they have a windows and docker version. it analyzes the video and sends plate results to the cloud.
  • the $5 plan requires you to only report to cloud.openalpr.com
  • the $5 plan allows webhooks, which sends the same payload to wherever you want
  • this service records those webhooks so you can search them locally, storing forever. it can also overlay the plate results onto the lpr camera for extra coolness.