OpenALPR Webhook Processor for IP Cameras

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
v3.1.0 is released, it will automatically refresh the license plate list in your browser when the processor sees them.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just downloaded the latest and it is updating on its own just fine!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What's your thoughts on searching? I know you said you want to implement a search based of "wildcards" or "closest matches". Have you given any thought to replicating some of the reporting ability that the OpenALPR Dashboard gives? For example, they have "Common Vehicle Analysis" that shows plates that are seen most frequently during a given time period. "Convoy Analysis" is another neat tool that lists accomplice plates if you have a known plate number and a time range.

Loving what you are doing still! I have it open all day long on my home computer.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a question, I just tried to run the Docker version in Debian, and I get the following

Unhandled exception. System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The configuration file 'config/appsettings.json' was not found and is not optional. The physical path is '/app/config/appsettings.json'.

I thought I only had to configure that file for the Windows version?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you have to configure it for both, it's still used for the JWT token key. it will be going away soon then you won't need the appsettings file

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you'll need
{
"AllowedHosts": "*",
"Jwt": {
"SecretKey": "" /*used to sign browser authentication, 32+ digit random string, keep it secret, keep it safe! */
},
"ConnectionStrings": {
"ProcessorContext": "Data Source=config/processor.db",
"UsersContext": "Data Source=config/users.db"
},
"WebRequestLoggingEnabled": false /* set to false unless debugging */
}

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm assuming I don't need to connect any cameras at all? I've adjusted my zoom and any overlay means it would probably interfere with the plates

All I really want is long historical history with the cheapo plan

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you don't need to connect to the cameras to get the plate data, connecting to the cameras gets you the sweet overlays. setting the overlays won't touch the zoom or focus though.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been answered, I tried to search through and never found it

With the $5 plan, it sounds like we need to port forward 3859 so that we can get the Cloud OpenALPR to send data?

If thats the case, is there any way to turn off the user registration so some rando can't just register?

mlapaglia

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
... that's a good point lol mine is hosted on prem so i didn't think about that.

i'll add the ability to turn off registration

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm hoping that OpenALPR are using a fairly small set of external IP's, and I can just whitelist those anyway

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
They host it in AWS, scrap that idea! so far its coming from 10 different addresses in a massive block all owned by Amazon

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
... that's a good point lol mine is hosted on prem so i didn't think about that.

i'll add the ability to turn off registration
While you are at it, probably also need a way to disable login for X minutes after 3 failed login attempts in a row. Maybe a fail2ban feature? Port scanners are relentless nowadays and if they discover an open port leading to a web portal, it will be hit hard.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
If there were a way to put the user login on a completely different port, that would work too, Then just forward the non-user facing port

Got it configured, now to wait for a car. This is a game changer. I hope you plan on charging for it, must have been a lot of work

1611197116512.png