One Cam wont clock sync.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So out of the 4 Chinese version Hik Turrets, one camera wont sync at all no matter what I do, and its stuck on 02:30 and goes to like 02:31 and then back down to 02:29 and keeps in this cycle.

The date is also stuck on April 21 2015 or so.

What gives here? I tried to set NTP and added several servers with 1 minute updates and nothing. All other cameras are syncing with the NVR accept this one, its syncing other parameters just fine just not the clock.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That does sounds like a hardware problem with the RTC - Real Time Clock.
You might get some detail, and evidence to send to the seller, if you grab a copy of the kernel log.
At a telnet or SSH prompt, 'cat /proc/kmsg' then Control-C to exit.
Copy / paste the telnet/SSH client screen scrollback to Notepad or similar for review.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that info, the good thing is it still syncs with the NVRs clock and during searches its fine, but any video play back wont reveal the time as I have it off but still comes up accurately in the search.
I just hope there aren't any more cams like this as I havent installed them all. This seller who I vouched for plenty turned out to be a dud. He basically does not want to deal with any questions with communication barriers. If its the only cam like this Im ok with it as I have the OSD time display off. I checked it today and still stuck on the 21st of April. I received the cameras on the 29th of April so possibly something happened on their end on the 21st that broke this down. Lets hope its the only cam out of the 10 like this, will find out soon. I found these Turrets on ebay for a descent price and I think it may be worth just getting them off of ebay next time for $9 more and get that ebay protection and good communication.

Will try to telnet again, I havent been successful so far.

With that said, the cams have a superb image, the NVR has an awesome robust menu and thats the upside to this.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: