NVR showing port 80 not port 1 etc

tintin007

n3wb
Reaction score
HI ,

I have not found what i am looking for as an answer yet so thought i would post my question here.

I have a dahua DHI-NVR4432-16P-4KS2-4T and some hikvishion cameras IPC-D261H-MU

Camera directly connected to ports on back of nvr

I am trying to access through the explorer button but it does not work, i am assuming that it is because it shows as port 80 and not the port number it is connected too. But i am confused as to how to get it to show as port 2,3. Is it even possible to get it to work ?? should i just reset the camera to defaults with the button in the camera and then re-connect ??

View attachment 191576
View attachment 191574

View attachment 191577

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see no attachments. :idk:
Do a screenshot, save it, then use the "insert image" above.

FWIW, port 80 is the standard default port for HTTP such as a web page or embedded webGUI on a IP cam or NVR; it's not related to the "port 2, 3, etc." as shown on NVR screen or webGUI.

tintin007

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the port 80 being the web port but does what you say mean that the explorer button will never work to access the web page on the camera. just want to avoid having to unplug the camera when i want to make changes

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've honestly never tried to plug a non Dahua camera into a Dahua NVR PoE port. I always use them on an external switch.

That said, Dahua's comm port is 37777. The internal switch is looking to communicate on that port

You might be able to change that on your HiK camera and see if it will communicate

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I get the port 80 being the web port but does what you say mean that the explorer button will never work to access the web page on the camera. just want to avoid having to unplug the camera when i want to make changes
You cannot effectively manage non dahua cameras through the dahua web Gui, You might (depending on the cam make) get a few controls to work. I have raysharp, Uniview and Axis running 'WITH" my NVr but when I need to make any changes I need to log on outside of the NVR.

tintin007

n3wb
Reaction score
HI, Thanks for your advice. I have connected cams to a POE switch external to the NVR POE. When i click on the web icon it now goes directly to the web page.

I did try changing the port to 37777 but it didnt work

Cheers for your help

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What BRF said. Every time I’ve had hik cams on a dahua nvr I’ve had to use on a switch. And don’t forget to add a onvif user with admin rights to each cameras advanced network configuration.