Nvr ows

frankge973

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased an NVR branded OWS.
It has only one ethernet port and can support up to 4 ip cameras.
but I'm not able to add them.
I've setup the network and static IP of NVR but in the list of IPC, there is a button Search ... and it doesn't find them.
There is not a Manual add ... button.
They NVR is correctly connected to newtork.
What can I do?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How are you powering them ? the nvr supports 4 but, you don't mention a POE switch that you would run the cameras off of.

frankge973

n3wb
Reaction score
without poe. each camera is already working .... with their power supply... I only changed the system with which I record the images . Before-> with a dedicated computer, now with nvr

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've setup the network and static IP of NVR but in the list of IPC, there is a button Search ... and it doesn't find them.
There is not a Manual add ... button.
For an uniknown NVR - maybe a screenshot of the camera configuration page would help provide some responses.
Did the NVR come with a user manual?

frankge973

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, but simply there is written Click on Search button .... then select camera and click add button
Untitled.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To me that looks like the network settings for the NVR, as opposed to the camera configuration page.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but in the list of IPC, there is a button Search
This page.
What browser are you using? Have you tried accessing the NVR with a different browser?
Did the NVR web GUI ask you to install a plug-in?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The first pic is the webform used to specify the camera network addresses.
Have you seen this post: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/14439-is-there-a-quot-generic-quot-firmware-available-for-Hi3535-based-NVR-(owsoo-branded)?p=131423&viewfull=1#post131423
I'm putting together (my first) system using wireless IP cameras and a cheap generic chinese NVR labelled "Owsoo".

Its displaying the streams from all the cameras and recording them to the HD i put in, so thats fine. But the web interface is horrible, and i wanted to try to upgrade the firmware to see if its been improved. It would also be really nice to be able to access the HD contents via FTP or Samba.
Perhaps @MuzzleVelocity has the same NVR and the same interface and could comment.

Last edited by a moderator: