NVR keeps changing IP of camera

Reaction score
I have a Flir dnr700. I have a total of 18 Reolink 410w cameras. There are 11 buildings with cameras.

My main modem is in Building 2
NVR is in building 1
I have 3 cameras on building 1, all hardwired into NVR via Ethernet cable.
All other cameras will be added via p2p’s and switches, back to one main switch in building 2, and then an Ethernet cable from that switch to a switch in building 1. The NVR is located in building 1.
If you follow all of that, here is my problem.
When I add camera #4, it shows up in my NVR. Great, no problem. When I add camera #5 it shows up no problem. After about 5 seconds, the ip address and picture changes to that of camera #4. If I manually change either #4 or #5 it will automatically change to the other ip and feed. Doesn’t matter which one I change. If I add 3 more cameras, it changes them all to one ip address. I end up having 5 cameras all with same ip and feed.

example:
Camera 1-3
10.0.0.x

Camera 4

Camera 5

NVR would change them both to either .60 or .61. It won’t let me have 2 different ip address, even though their are 2 cameras.

I have tried different configurations with switch and router. I have turned on and off DHCP. I have static ip addresses on all cameras. I have reset everything. Still nothing.

If anyone could give me any advice on troubleshooting this, it would be greatly appreciated. If you need anything further from me, let me know. Thank you

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
dnr700 comes in different configurations pertaining to cam channels. How many channels is your DVR?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Cameras 4 & 5 coming in to the dvr from the same switch... across the PtP?

Reaction score
Cameras 4 & 5 coming in to the dvr from the same switch... across the PtP?
I haven’t gotten as far as installing the first p2p yet. They are both coming in to the same switch in building 2, and coming into building 1 via Ethernet

I figured no sense in adding more cameras if they are going to be taking the same route to the nvr as 4 and 5

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is always best practice to match brand of NVR and camera. Reolinks are known to not play well outside of their platform.

Depending on your use case, you may find that Reolinks will perform poorly and might be best to cut your losses with them now and get something better...

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is always best practice to match brand of NVR and camera. Reolinks are known to not play well outside of their platform.

Depending on your use case, you may find that Reolinks will perform poorly and might be best to cut your losses with them now and get something better...

Not to mention using an ancient nvr.