NVR firmware V3.4.6 build160405 released.

Travieso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I seen that last night, Im gonna hold up for a bit

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's strange they list it I series on a supported list, but it doesn't work.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This firmware package, and ones following here on out presumably, are universal across all I and E series recorders. Even though under the I series folder in the portal, 3.4.6 hasn't been published, going under the E series folder, it has, and the release notes indicate that it covers both E and I series. Someone just didn't finish copy/pasting yet.

Upgraded 3 E series recorders with a mix of WR and CH cams, all work well post-upgrade.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This firmware package, and ones following here on out presumably, are universal across all I and E series recorders. Even though under the I series folder in the portal, 3.4.6 hasn't been published, going under the E series folder, it has, and the release notes indicate that it covers both E and I series. Someone just didn't finish copy/pasting yet.

Upgraded 3 E series recorders with a mix of WR and CH cams, all work well post-upgrade.
Any interesting difference other than what they listed?

BTW I got home. 265 working for about 20 seconds until I changed from multi screen to single screen.... Then "stream not supported"... A well not really well implemented yet

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nothing whatsoever. They indicate this was for performance and bug fix enhancements to E and I series, and adding a bunch more license plate regions to the supported plate scanning list. That only applies to 4xxx cameras and higher (smart cameras), so any of my 2xxx and 3xxx cams will never take advantage of that.

I mostly replied to inform those who have CH cams that are patched to WR that this upgrade does not affect them. Haven't played with 265 at all. I don't have the time mostly. But you're right, it's still half baked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried it, but it gives "Error". Anyone tried it with I2 model?
Don't have, but want very badly. Still waiting for them to release this firmware for the 7700 SPs.

I've had firmware upgrades say failed on occasion for no apparent reason and refreshing the page or restarting the recorder took care of it.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried it, but it gives "Error". Anyone tried it with I2 model?
Guys, Even though Hikvision develops and usually releases that I series and E series firmware in parallel the truth of the matter is that these two platforms have very different chipsets and hence require different firmware files (even though the build numbers will normally be the same). So while they share the same release notes you need the Euro named "K41" file for the E series and the "K51" file for the I series. I too noticed that the Euro site posted 3.4.6 build 160405 for the E series yet did not post the same for the I series. I sent an e-mail to our support team in Hangzhou asking for the I series 3.4.6 firmware and will let you know what I hear back.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just did the upgrade on my 7608ni-e1 and found this. See picture. Was that one there before?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guys, Even though Hikvision develops and usually releases that I series and E series firmware in parallel the truth of the matter is that these two platforms have very different chipsets and hence require different firmware files (even though the build numbers will normally be the same). So while they share the same release notes you need the Euro named "K41" file for the E series and the "K51" file for the I series. I too noticed that the Euro site posted 3.4.6 build 160405 for the E series yet did not post the same for the I series. I sent an e-mail to our support team in Hangzhou asking for the I series 3.4.6 firmware and will let you know what I hear back.
I misread that, i saw they both had Kx1 prefixes, but didn't notice the 4-5 difference. Good call. With that being said, it is possible for firmware to have support for multiple chipsets rendering it "universal" firmware across said chipsets, but that's clearly not how Hikvision produces theirs, which is why the I series rejects it, and rightfully so.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone that has tested this 3.4.6 firmware noticed if they have enhanced the ability to access "Expert" configuration mode Motion Detection under "Basic Event" settings on the NVR? For those that do not know, right now you can only use Expert configuration only in the Cameras GUI (where you can have 8 areas with different Sensitivity and Percentage for each area and make them Day and Night specific). If you then use the NVR it will overwrite all the expert mode settings.

Hikvision has promised this feature in 3.5.x and curious if they have made any strides in that direction... Probably not since there is probably only a 50% chance of getting it in 3.5.x since Hikvision sometimes misses on their commitments but curious nonetheless.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone that has tested this 3.4.6 firmware noticed if they have enhanced the ability to access "Expert" configuration mode Motion Detection under "Basic Event" settings on the NVR? For those that do not know, right now you can only use Expert configuration only in the Cameras GUI (where you can have 8 areas with different Sensitivity and Percentage for each area and make them Day and Night specific). If you then use the NVR it will overwrite all the expert mode settings.

Hikvision has promised this feature in 3.5.x and curious if they have made any strides in that direction... Probably not since there is probably only a 50% chance of getting it in 3.5.x since Hikvision sometimes misses on their commitments but curious nonetheless.

No still only basic . and still missing a few other parameters that are only available directly on camera....

work in progress...... =D

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried with h.265 on main stream and kept h.264 on substream. that works . In 2*2 it shows the substream so thats ok . but in fullscreen it says "not supported" , not a big surprise. and obviously it can not show the recorded h.265 files as well . . the only "good" thing is that it records like it should and I can view the recordings on the PC or via ivms 4500 on the phone. Still not good enough though.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a brief update on v3.4.6. So we received the "I series" 3.4.6 build 160405. We have now initally tested v3.4.6 on both the I-series as well as the E-Series. The guys in the Netherlands that maintain the Euro site still haven't posted the v3.4.6 build 160405 for the "K51" I series but I anticipate that they will shortly.

Here are some observations so far:

Definite H.264+ improvements (stream handling)

There seem to be other performance improvements especially with regards to read/write speed on I-series with RAID - Fastest we have ever seen yet.

I-series now has SSH client access - You must update your web components to see the new "Security" sub-section under System Settings (or I guess I should say it's back) and I have verified this is only on I-Series (E Series is out of luck for SSH). Interestingly you must use the username of root with the admin account password. Once logged you get a very limited BusyBox shell but it should only be a matter of time until that is buffer overflowed to true root. that said, there are some interesting commands nonetheless. One other little tid bit...if you have three unsuccessful ssh attempts at the box it disables SSH until you re-enable it again.

Under User Management you can now sync the Camera IPC passwords to be that of a particular account...not sure if that was there before or not...I think it may have been but worth noting it's there.

Web Components (v4.0.1 build 160323) install still has a invalid signature....go figure. This was a problem in firmware v3.4.2 as well.

Still no Expert Mode for Smart Motion Event configuration at the NVR Web Component level. I have been promised we will get this in v3.5.x which has to be getting near.

Using web browser (Web components) you still can not set the H.264+ bit rate (only the Max Bitrate which only applies to H.264). I was promised this months ago but still no go!

I would say the early verdict is that it's definitely worth upgrading especially if using H.264+ or an I-Series box and certainly if using RAID storage.

For those that are interested, I am cutting and pasting the available commands form the SSH shell on the I-Series (this is from a DS-7716NI-I4 - I think the 96XX may have a few more):

BusyBox v1.2.1 Protect Shell (psh)
Enter 'help' for a list of davinci system commands.

# help
Support Commands:
GetAnrCfgInfo GetAnrProcess GetAnrRecordList
ShowIpcAbility accessDvrSwitch channelPlayback
clearDisksMode ctrlArchDebug decStat
disableHB disableHik264 dspStatus
dvrLogInfo dt enableHB
enableHik264 enableWatchdog errputClose
errputOpen get3GMode getCMS
getCycleReboot getDbgCtrl getHardInfo
getIp getLastErrorInfo getPlayTestCtrl
getPort getServerInfo guiChkCfg