Not receiving notifications in DMSS Android for SMD events (offline setup / local)

Treatwise

n3wb
Reaction score
Working on setting up a 5442 with SMD enabled for human motion detection. Setup will not be internet facing, only after local viewing and notifications. I've searched the forum prior to asking but couldn't find any recent threads.

Camera settings have been configured with SMD enabled, zone selected, and event recording. Then I've installed the latest version of the DMSS android app. The app streams live and recordings perfectly fine, but I'm not receiving any notifications via the app. I perhaps think I've missed something but information is far and few - the apps change that often! Appreciate any support.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Push only works if it is talking to the Dahua servers via P2P. No Dahua server, no push notifications....(do a search here to see for yourself from others with the same question)

It is why many use the Pushover app ($5) and pushover will give you an email address that you have the camera send emails to and then it is sent to you via Push to the Pushover app.

Treatwise

n3wb
Reaction score
Push only works if it is talking to the Dahua servers via P2P. No Dahua server, no push notifications....(do a search here to see for yourself from others with the same question)

It is why many use the Pushover app ($5) and pushover will give you an email address that you have the camera send emails to and then it is sent to you via Push to the Pushover app.
Thanks wittaj, shame they don't make it clearer on the app because locally added cameras still have all the same notification options available. I'll explore the email route though it is a rather archaic way of receiving notifications. Failing that it's a separate PC and I'll handle the event messaging there.

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
100% non-expert suggestion incoming.

Would adding a cheap entry-level Dahua NVR into the equation be an option? I get notifications via the NVR without having P2P enabled. My understanding is that it's achieved via a packet notification using the Android/iOS app infrastructure.
Screenshot_20230406_090657.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
100% non-expert suggestion incoming.

Would adding a cheap entry-level Dahua NVR into the equation be an option? I get notifications via the NVR without having P2P enabled. My understanding is that it's achieved via a packet notification using the Android/iOS app infrastructure.
View attachment 159218
Have you port-forwarded? Are you sure P2P isn't enabled?

There are literally dozens of threads here where people don't get push notifications because their system isn't talking to Dahua servers. Sometimes people aren't getting push because the Dahua server is down.

Dahua NVR push notifications