No video troubleshooting IPC-PFW8800-A180

Kpog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After receiving the camera from Andy today(IPC-PFW8800-A180), I proceeded to get it up on the test bench to get a pseudo review going. I have the camera powered up and I am in the camera making changes to bitrate etc, but I cannot get video going. Mind you this is plugged into a brand new poe+ switch with plenty of power available. The switch works with the other cameras, and the cable is premade(I have tried more than one). Running Blue Iris as well(specs below). Can anyone assist me in troubleshooting this so I can get some video going and hopefully post some pictures?

Kpog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so I have it going on the test bench, can view it in BI but not in the utility. Weird

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to use IE as the Dahua web interface relies on an active-x plugin for video

Kpog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Other than the less than ideal mounting location(which affects, the infrared capabilities) the camera achieves the viewing angle I am looking for. Stay tuned for a more in depth review.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Other than the less than ideal mounting location(which affects, the infrared capabilities) the camera achieves the viewing angle I am looking for. Stay tuned for a more in depth review.
yes buddy, such high ends cams need more time to playing, you can hang it at a opening places.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you had any time to work on a review of this? .
I've been looking at this camera for a while but not a lot of info on it. I have a large open front\back yard (`1+ acre area) and this could be good for a single overview camera I imagine. Too pricey for me to take a chance on without fully reviewing it first.

How does this appear in BI for you? Does it see and stretch the whole image of all 4 cameras across the monitor for a less distorted view? Can you break it up into its 4 separate camera feeds in BI?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any further review, video examples or opinions of this camera since you have had it?

Kpog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure if he sells it anymore, which would be unfortunate, because this camera is great. I still have it running and it works awesome.

Opinion of this camera is that if you have a large area that needs overview it is a good solution to the other styles of pano camera that have the fisheye. You cannot zoom except digitally, and the night vision isn't as great as some of the other cameras, but for what I use it for it works fine. Someday I will plug in an infrared blaster for the end of the back yard but I really see a huge need for it at the moment.

@nbstl68 this image stretches in BI and takes up a good part of the top of my 4k monitor, which is fine for me because I have a vertical cam right next to it on the screen saving space. Looks great on BI with the wide image and extremely clear.