No power to nvr

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, just got back from a holiday and all cameras were working while away but as I got home noticed nothing on app, so looked at nvr and noticed it was off!!! Tried turning back on but nothing at all, no lights no power!! Any ideas or is it a known problem and once gone the nvr is trashed?? Many thanks

steve

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully a simple fix is a new power supply wall wart.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully a simple fix is a new power supply wall wart.
Sorry but what is a wall wart wittaj?? All I have is a cable with a plug on one end and a 3 way pin the other ? Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry but what is a wall wart wittaj?? All I have is a cable with a plug on one end and a 3 way pin the other ? Thanks
Sounds like it has a built-in switching power supply, not a 12VDC power supply built onto a male plug for the wall.
It's likely a POE NVR which also powers your cams, right?

What's the make and model?

EDIT: Is this the Dahua nvr5216-16p-4ks2e you posted about in July?

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds like it has a built-in switching power supply, not a 12VDC power supply built onto a male plug for the wall.
It's likely a POE NVR which also powers your cams, right?

What's the make and model?

EDIT: Is this the Dahua nvr5216-16p-4ks2e you posted about in July?
Hi Tony yes it’s a Poe model and that model, is it worth trying to repair or is it better to get a new one ? Thanks for replying everyone

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Tony yes it’s a Poe model and that model, is it worth trying to repair or is it better to get a new one ? Thanks for replying everyone
There's a multitude of internal switching power supplies for those and the 185w and 200w versions are generally available.

I'd unplug from the wall, take the cover off and see if you can take a snapshot of the make/model and ratings.

While doing so inspect for loose connectors, etc.
Do you have another 3 pin power cord to try, like from another PC?

It would be great if it was something simple like that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The wall wart would a power supply that just isn't a cable to the outlet - is has a square adapter on the end that knocks it down to 12V.

Something like this:

1661970573521.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If all else reveals no obvious issues or yields no benefit, consider powering off the NVR, unplugging all the POE cams, unplugging the hard drive(s) power connector (the large one) and trying again.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Many thanks guys for all help, have ordered a new nvr off Andy as here in uk the power unit is prices around £150 and thought it better to get new one as if something else is wrong I will in effect pay for a new one in parts!! Power unit is DPS-200PB-185 B
Steve

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
here in uk the power unit is prices around £150
That power supply can be bought for £31.30 + VAT here in the UK.

Did you measure the output voltages to confirm the power supply is faulty?
If you weren't able to do that, another clue that there is no output is no power indication LED lit on the main board, and the fan not spinning on the power supply itself.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for all you help will open up again but when I looked originally I didn’t see any lights on and fan didn't spin are you saying that it sounds 100% supply ? If so will buy at that price and hopefully have a spare nvr ready for any other issues

Steve

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
when I looked originally I didn’t see any lights on and fan didn't spin
That's a pretty good indication that the power supply is not working.

If so will buy at that price and hopefully have a spare nvr ready for any other issues
Our fingers are crossed for a good result.