Newby here... new set-up - tips/advice most welcome!!!

richww

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

Will introduce myself properly in the appropriate thread when i get a chance!

Just taken delivery of new DS-7608NI-E2/8P, have installed 2x 4tb WD reds and have 2x DS-2CD2132F-I (4mm) and 4 x DS-2CD2032-I (4mm) to play with - exciting stuff...

Just wondering if you guys have any tips for setting up the cams before I connect to the NVR (if necessary), i.e. what software to use, recommended firmware updates etc???

The cameras I believe are Chinese imports (ebay) - running V5.2.0 build 140721 (the two i have checked are anyway, one of each).

If this has all been answered elsewhere - apologies (and please show me) - I have had a quick look through, but not seen anything relevant.

Any and all pointers appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Rich

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you have to do any setup before connecting them to the NVR but I am not 100% certain on this since I only use PC-based NVR software.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

richww

n3wb
Reaction score
Many Thanks for your response bp2008...

I wasn't sure if any setup was required pre-connection as some users seem to be concerned over lack of virtual connection on some versions of NVR firmware/software?

I would wire thro to a spare Poe port anyway, but wondered what software I would need to view/adjust settings on the camera, and if this can be accessed if I set up the cameras from the NVR in the first instance?

Any input or advice would be appreciated...

richww

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry guys, am I not asking the right questions, or posting in the wrong place? I was hoping for a bit more help than this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just connect it all first and see what happens..there is no software needed..everything is browser based...you just need to install the plugin when it asks you..You seem to have found the posts about virtual host so if your NVR does not have it then connect via an open port on the NVR..

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision has quick start guides. I recommend you check those out. They will walk you through using SADP to change the camera and NVR IP addresses to match your network. From their it is all plug and play using your browser.

jwhee0615

n3wb
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my DS-7608NI-E2/8P and damned if I can get it to see my 3 DS-2CD2332-I cameras. I have been messing with it all night and I cannot get the NVR to see the cameras no matter what I do. They do work on their own via my network.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A bit more settings info / screen shots would reduce the guesswork with responses. The 'Plug and Play' just does that, it simply works.
So you simply plugged the cameras into the PoE ports.
And with the remote admin web GUI, under 'Camera Management' with the PoE ports set to 'Plug and Play' - screen shot of the status? And screen shot of the system logs over the period in question?
And in Live View - click on 'Start all Live View' and nothing happens?

*Edit* Just saw your other post - it looks like you got there eventually. Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:

richww

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, haven't yet had chance to play... I am sure be back with more questions shortly!