Newbie with Exacq playback questions.

BMann

n3wb
Reaction score
This seems to be the best forum to post this. I am kind of the fix it guy at work. Boss tells me to play back a video on the NVR. It is a Win 10 running Exacq software. 25 camera system. Pretty complicated software to me. There is an ! on saying that the subscription has expired and there will not be any updates. Not sure if that means anything for playback. Now for the question. Remember I am the rookie at this stuff.

I pulled up a camera and did a search, put in the time (previous day). I keep getting an error. "The search did not return any metadata results." It will show the block of hours, but no events recorded. I just get blank windows. When I am in the normal view screen all the cameras are working. Maybe I should look further in the past to see if something shows.

Surfing through the menus, it shows hard drive 100%. Is there an overwrite switch that could be turned off?? Subscription expired will not let you view recordings?? Am I doing something wrong the way I am trying to view recordings?? Is there a clear video about how to play back videos?? I tried youtube but they seem to fly through the clicks fast. Thanks

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is an ! on saying that the subscription has expired and there will not be any updates.
I have no knowledge of Exacq software, but wouldn't the simplest thing be to renew the subscription.
I tried youtube but they seem to fly through the clicks fast.
Press pause, take your time.

Next best thing, have you tried contacting Exacq or their website, they may have an online manual or pdf manual or something.

As I said, I have no knowledge of Exacq, but it sounds like they produce a proprietary type file to protect their business model. I'm not saying that is right or wrong.

BMann

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no knowledge of Exacq software, but wouldn't the simplest thing be to renew the subscription.

Press pause, take your time.

Next best thing, have you tried contacting Exacq or their website, they may have an online manual or pdf manual or something.

As I said, I have no knowledge of Exacq, but it sounds like they produce a proprietary type file to protect their business model. I'm not saying that is right or wrong.
Well It is a corporate thing for the subscription. If it is for updates. Eh... But if it will not let us view recordings it will need to be done.

As far as pause. with the recordings. I have tried... They are just moving fast and hitting the quick points. Been searching the net so far. I thought I might stop in here for an RKI...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well It is a corporate thing for the subscription. If it is for updates. Eh... But if it will not let us view recordings it will need to be done.

As far as pause. with the recordings. I have tried... They are just moving fast and hitting the quick points. Been searching the net so far. I thought I might stop in here for an RKI...
what version of the software are you running?

E10

n3wb
Reaction score
I would think that if the disk where the videos are being saved is 100% full, then there would be no video from yesterday. Try searching further back. Also, you may need to free up disk space on the video drive for the application to function properly.

BMann

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I sat down and poked at buttons for a while. I figured out the outdoor cameras... The ones I was concerned most about.... The ones I was trying to pull up... Had the sensitivity turned down to 1. All the rest of the cameras were set in the middle to 5. Once I tried all the other cameras, I could pull up the recordings. Even at 5 I was not picking up movement. So I turned the sensitivity up to 8. I will check tomorrow and see if anything was recorded.

The outdoor cameras were enabled to record. Just after movement. Like the others. I will see what happens. Another learning experience.

BMann

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally sat down and figured it out. Whoever set up the cameras turned the sensitivity all the way down on the outdoor cameras. Then they masked off the whole area so they would not record at all. I have it figured out now. A learning experience.