New sytem on a custom home construction with CAT5e prewire

p0080711

n3wb
Reaction score
I have my house prewired with cat5e for security cameras. Closing is in about a month and now I am getting into the details for the system I am putting in. I am about to purchase from Andy additional cameras/NVR and have some questions. Thank you all in advance for the time in reading and responding.

Current Equipment:
- See Signature
Equipment I thinking to purchase through Andy:
- 2x IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (mounted indoors until my kids are older then moved to the exterior)
- 1x PTZ Camera (see below for help)
- 1x NVR5216-16P-4KS2E (I have read that autotracking cameras will not work with this)

Outdoor Camera Mounting: How well do the junction box covers (PFAXXX) from Dahua seal on stucco around a recessed standard junction box? For the bullets, do you think drilling into a weatherproof 1 gang blank cover would suffice? BELL 1 Gang Blank Plastic Cover - White-PBC100WH - The Home Depot

- The next topic is a recommendation on a PTZ camera with autotracking and exterior mounting solutions. I am currently looking at these cameras listed below but I welcome any input/recommendations.

PTZ1A225U-IRA-N (Can this mount horizontally on my exterior wall without buying the DH-PFB730W?)
SD59230U-HNI (why is this so more $ then the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N)

If confirmed that the NVR5216-16P-4KS2E does not support autotracking, what NVR should I get? I assume the price is now getting into the range of getting a switch and separate PC w/blue iris.