New Setup

mrarms

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have switched my software over to Blue Iris. It is not as easy as I thought to setup. I expected that it is a secure program and worth the time. I figured out I am going to have to change my router ip's etc. When I first plugged my cam in I thought it would auto config boy was I wrong. I am also trying to understand how this software pics up wireless cams, is it viewed in the BI software or only on web?
At first I would like to setup the software and view on my computer then work on webstream and android.

Any advice for this confused consumer (lol)

Thanks in advance

Mrarms

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have switched my software over to Blue Iris. It is not as easy as I thought to setup. I expected that it is a secure program and worth the time. I figured out I am going to have to change my router ip's etc. When I first plugged my cam in I thought it would auto config boy was I wrong. I am also trying to understand how this software pics up wireless cams, is it viewed in the BI software or only on web?
At first I would like to setup the software and view on my computer then work on webstream and android.

Any advice for this confused consumer (lol)

Thanks in advance

Mrarms
You dont have to change your routers ip address..not sure where you got that from..
It is not auto config...you need to have some network understanding.
What cameras do you have...
Post images of your blue iris video configuration screen.

mrarms

n3wb
Reaction score
2 Wanscam JW wireless and the wanscam PTZ AJ wireless all outdoor also a DB hd015p wireless for the house just a small webcam for like skype USB,

The video I watched on youtube mentioned about a static ip or changing some things in the router when I plugged the wanscam in it found it and also configed the web portion but for some reason I am getting no vid I/O error. Any advice?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris needs to know the cameras ip address to communicate with it....there for the cameras network ip address must always remain the same..there are several ways of doing this...
The reason why the wanscam software can find it is because they have the detection it built into the software..blue iris supports thousands of cameras, its impossible to make it plug and play without countless hours of extra work...
First thing you need to know is your cameras ip address...can you access your cameras from your web browser?

Side note:those cameras are junk and if you are using them to watch anything more than your kids or pets you should return them for something better.

mrarms

n3wb
Reaction score
I have detected each cameras IP and port. Yes I can access the cameras from my web browser.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok have you entered the proper ip address in blue iris for each camera? have you selected your camera from the dropdown menu? have you entered the proper username and password for each camera?

mrarms

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats where the problem is I did not enter the username and password for each camera I will try that tonight. I was thinking the username/pass was for the software not camera until reading up last night and was going to try. That is the problem I'll try and let you know.

Here is that video about the IP address changing and looking them up in router and computer

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
dont have time to watch the video..but you dont need to change any ip address, you just need to make them static.