David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice (Fixed):

1675730811593.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those who are not using the Reolink App (cloud), here is the Reolink IP address to block: 20.185.3.58 & p2p.reolink.com

1675732996906.png

1675733523260.png

The Google address keeps changing...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, the Wedges are stackable, that is they have notches that align to keep them together. They are 15 degree Wedges, so two will give you a 30 degree angle, which is about what I need.

1675737866600.png

They are 1/2 inch wide, I need about 1 inch, so having two solves my vertical angle issue.
Horizontal angling is a different story, not sure how I am going to angle it down yet, I want to see the packages at my door, like I can with my Hikvision DB.
1675737801051.png

1675738301765.png

Hopefully Reolink will sell Extra Wedges as an Accessory...

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
FYI, the Wedges are stackable, that is they have notches that align to keep them together. They are 15 degree Wedges, so two will give you a 30 degree angle, which is about what I need.

View attachment 153464

They are 1/2 inch wide, I need about 1 inch, so having two solves my vertical angle issue.
Horizontal angling is a different story, not sure how I am going to angle it down yet, I want to see the packages at my door, like I can with my Hikvision DB.
View attachment 153463

View attachment 153468

Hopefully Reolink will sell Extra Wedges as an Accessory...
i only got 1 wedge in the box.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i only got 1 wedge in the box.
Me too, one for each CAM. I bought the POE and the WiFi versions...my plan is to give the WiFi version to a friend, after my cable is installed and then replace the WiFi DB that I will be installing soon with the POE DB CAM...

Nice to wake up to No Signal losses (12 hours)...

1675764026147.png

Got both of them running, looking at the signal strength of the WiFi DB,
which is inside the house close to my existing DB, I will be more relaxed
knowing I will have all wired CAMs once the POE DB is installed.
1675764311827.png

cm.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any way to physically flip the camera 90 degrees? For my scenario I need a vertical doorbell, not horizontal.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any way to physically flip the camera 90 degrees? For my scenario I need a vertical doorbell, not horizontal.
Not that I am aware of, only options are Flip and Mirroring. I turned my DB on its side and played with those options.

Flip: Flips the image so what was left is now right.
Mirroring: Changes the image upside down.

Neither option changes the image 90 degrees. So No Rotate option...

1675768360389.png

HTH

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In Blue Iris 5 you can Rotate your image and it also will record the Rotated image:

1675769620899.png1675769888310.png
1675769820962.png1675769717463.png

HTH

Last edited:

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Over the course of 24 hours the doorbell lost signal four times. I have a crazy amount of webcasts also.
I wish BI had more info about these no signal notifications. If there is I don't know how to get it.
reolink info.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Over the course of 24 hours the doorbell lost signal four times. I have a crazy amount of webcasts also.
I wish BI had more info about these no signal notifications. If there is I don't know how to get it.
View attachment 153504

So 4 lost signals in 24 hours, to me it not crazy bad. Of course, you don't want the loss signals when you need the footage. My LaView would act up every once in awhile, saw 10 lost signals on there once, but that was not common. Interference? With WiFi it is not uncommon to have RF interference.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your willing, you could try to physically rotate the lens. I have read of some doing it on other CAMs.

1675773610898.png

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

So 4 lost signals in 24 hours, to me it not crazy bad. Of course, you don't want the loss signals when you need the footage. My LaView would act up every once in awhile, saw 10 lost signals on there once, but that was not common. Interference? With WiFi it is not uncommon to have RF interference.
Yeah its not that big of a deal. I'm just curious when they are happening.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I get a chance I'm going to plug the doorbell into my media closet where my router is. Even though its wifi it still has a ethernet port. I'll turn off the wifi and see if the signal loss changes.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah its not that big of a deal. I'm just curious when they are happening.
Try this:

Open Windows Power Shell (hit Windows Start button and type PowerShell)

1675776578013.png

COPY/PASTE or TYPE this at Prompt (replace IP with your DB IP):

ping.exe -t 192.168.50.13 | ForEach {“{0} – {1}” -f (Get-Date),$_}

View attachment 153514

CTRL C stops the Pinging

This will give you a Date/Time for each Ping, in the Window scroll back up to find the Request Timeouts (No Signals) then go find them in your recorded footage...

Regular Windows Ping does not give you Date/Time for each Ping.

Let it Ping, 24 hours or over night, until you see the No Signals in BI.

I am sure there is a better way but this is what I know to do/try...

HTH

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I get a chance I'm going to plug the doorbell into my media closet where my router is. Even though its wifi it still has a ethernet port. I'll turn off the wifi and see if the signal loss changes.
Good Idea. How is your Signal Strength?

1675777931113.png

Mine is not great even though it is about 15 feet away from my AP. These Smart DBs just don't have great WiFi signals.

So that is how I set up the WiFi DB, I connected the supplied P/S and connected an Ethernet cable to my switch and launched the Reolink Client,
I used the UID number on the back of the Doorbell.
1675778206351.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One more thing I will share, which I am sure you are aware. The WiFi version of the DB has two MAC addresses, one for each NIC, where as the POE version only has one.

This is from the Diag. Log of my WiFi DB:
1675779531289.png

Notice the wlan0 (WiFi) has some drops, packets?

Look how clean the POE DB is:
1675779740441.png

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good Idea. How is your Signal Strength?

View attachment 153516

Mine is not great even though it is about 15 feet away from my AP. These Smart DBs just don't have great WiFi signals.

So that is how I set up the WiFi DB, I connected the supplied P/S and connected an Ethernet cable to my switch and launched the Reolink Client,
I used the UID number on the back of the Doorbell.
View attachment 153519
Even though this doorbell is 15’ from my access point it’s only got 1 bar of reception.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even though this doorbell is 15’ from my access point it’s only got 1 bar of reception.
I remember, before I bought our LaView, I went outside with my phone to the location of our Doorbell Button and checked the signal strength from our AP to my phone. Wow, what a bad test that was, even though my phone showed all bars, once I got the DB, it's antenna/reception was quite different. I have been one of the lucky ones, having very little issues with my Hikvision DB1 variant (going on 3 years now) though we have a huge Thread that says otherwise. Even the newer DB1C was not much better.

A good test before you go Ethernet Cable is to test for No Signals via WiFi while your DB sits next to your AP. When I did my test and was still getting No Signals I knew I was in trouble. I even looked up the return policy on Amazon for the DB :), found I had until March 2nd, which 2 months is pretty kewl, oh and the one day shipping.
Anyway, we will see how it reacts once installed outside. So far my test has been inside, but it sits presently by the glass door were it will be installed.

1675818029663.png

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I remember, before I bought our LaView, I went outside with my phone to the location of our Doorbell Button and checked the signal strength from our AP to my phone. Wow, what a bad test that was, even though my phone showed all bars, once I got the DB, it's antenna/reception was quite different. I have been one of the lucky ones, having very little issues with my Hikvision DB1 variant (going on 3 years now) though we have a huge Thread that says otherwise. Even the newer DB1C was not much better.

A good test before you go Ethernet Cable is to test for No Signals via WiFi while your DB sits next to your AP. When I did my test and was still getting No Signals I knew I was in trouble. I even looked up the return policy on Amazon for the DB :), found I had until March 2nd, which 2 months is pretty kewl, oh and the one day shipping.
Anyway, we will see how it reacts once installed outside. So far my test has been inside, but it sits presently by the glass door were it will be installed.

View attachment 153599
Ironically When I temped the doorbell up where its final destination would be the signal was better. I have two access points in my house and its probably getting a better signal in that location which is a plus.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
just wanted to update.

doorbell working out great. zero issues or drop outs.