New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At 3 AM here thinking it has to do with the PIR sensor or maybe ambient light flashing the DB?

Here is an overview of my wiring. I keep adjusting the current sensor as it is very sensitive. It trips based on the input amperage draw of the DB.

Note the current sensor is used to trigger a zone on the alarm panel and automation events like TTS, email et al.

Its been hot over here near Chicago and AC is running 24/7. I am monitoring the house current with the Cyberpower UPS and have not seen over or under voltage on the house currents. Electrical grids here have been updated over the years. Used to have "brown outs" in the 1980's. Not really any more these days.
You can monitor your house electric with a UPS or even a VOM with an RS-232 interface. Mine here stays around 120VAC (+- 3-4 Volts AC)

DB Wiring.jpg

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi anyone has issues with NSC DB2 mine after every restart of router to app shows the camera offline, but its connected to wifi,
Every occasion need to reset the DB2 to able to use the app .
Anyone has suggestion will be apreciated
Question, have you tried outside your network, only using Cell service, in other words, turn off your WiFi on your phone?

Maybe read a few of these Network tips from our 101:

NETWORKING TIPS:
⦁ In your Firewall settings, allow ICMP from the Doorbell to your router, otherwise the Doorbell will disconnect/reconnect the WiFi - ronin1, ronin1 - alexdelprete, alecdelprete-ronin1 AND/OR if your RTSP stream drops every 3 or so minutes - cba123
⦁ In order to view the video from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 6500, 7100 and 10554 -cool77
⦁ In order to answer a ring call from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 9664 - cool77
⦁ For Streaming (RTSP) add a rule that allows traffic from your local_devices_ip TO all_internal_IP at port : 554 - cool77
⦁ For Remote Access using (iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool) allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 8000
⦁ It is always a good idea, for security reasons, to Disable UPnP in your router too - Emilks5
⦁ FOR MORE PORT/NETWORK INFO - msmcknight

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally thinking the AC voltage going to the doorbell is fine. The AC voltage is being converted to DC voltage in the camera. The camera board inside of the DB draws power for the camera itself. The hardware PIR also draws power. The switch in the lens from night to day or day to night also draws power.

That and the little resistor pack affects the voltage going to the camera. Its been noted that the camera does get warm.

I have been testing for implementation 3 Hikvision open camera boards 38mm in size. They get very warm with just a 12VDC connection or a POE connection. I just installed one of these boards inside of an Optex combo outside PIR and camera and have been watching it. Might monitor the amperage draw on the combo camera for a bit.

Reaction score
If your chime stopped working after a recent firmware or app update and you know you have powerkit installed correctly and using a good transformer that meet the DB1 requirement

- try this to restore your chime -

@David L - You might want to add this link to the 101 guide.
@David L - First of all, thanks for page 101. I have been happily referring to it for almost two years now. Second, it would be great if you could replace the link in "EZVIZ (DB1) (NOTE: IF AFTER YOUR UPGRADE YOUR CHIME NO LONGER WORKS, SEE THIS: TechBill -" to the link above. The approach in the first link is not complete, and it was only by luck that I found the second link, which solves the problem perfectly.

Cheers,
Sean

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L - First of all, thanks for page 101. I have been happily referring to it for almost two years now. Second, it would be great if you could replace the link in "EZVIZ (DB1) (NOTE: IF AFTER YOUR UPGRADE YOUR CHIME NO LONGER WORKS, SEE THIS: TechBill -" to the link above. The approach in the first link is not complete, and it was only by luck that I found the second link, which solves the problem perfectly.

Cheers,
Sean
Thanks, Done

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just want to share what I found about LaView (LTS):

This Thread popped up yesterday:

When you go to LaView's Site, everything shows Out of Stock. When you call them, No Answer. Are they Out of Business? Don't know yet...
1624489442487.png

Thanks to Google Maps, I found out Hikvision was right next to them (In Los Angeles), now we know why LaView Doorbell was the first (Rebrand) to come out with ONVIF support...I remember talking to their LaView's (LTS) Tech. Dept. while they were working with Hikvision back in the summer of 2019

This is what I found out about LaView:

1624489248059.png

SteveJ3333

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I live in the UK, and have recently bought the Hikvision DS-HD1 from the US to replace my broken DS-KB6403. All my cameras (10 in total) and NVR are all Hikvision. The HD1 is not available in the UK. My Hik Connect account will not add the camera to my account. "This device cannot be added" Can the HD1 be used in the UK? Do I need a UK / EUR firmware? Should I have bought the EzViz, which is available in the UK?

So many questions, sorry. Any help would be good.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Isolation seems like a good plan. I know a bit about networking but definately not an expert so how best to do that? For my other cameras I just disconnected my router wan cable, connected the cam, got the MAC address from my router. Then blocked internet for the cams at the router and did DHCP by MAC address. But I'm not sure I can get everything going on this one that way. Have read I need the app to get the chime going. Should I be worried about this being on the same LAN as my PCs? If so how do I set up a separate network and give the DVR access to the cams and also have access to the DVR from the PCs? Would be awesome if someone has a guide for this that isn't too complicated. I have an extra old phone without sim card that still works on wifi that I use for odd apps I infrequently use at home - perhaps I could use it to do setup.
The DBCams now seem to NEED internet access. I have had mine on a subnet from day 1 but now, if it does not have access to the net it goes offline. Anyone else having this problem now?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The DBCams now seem to NEED internet access. I have had mine on a subnet from day 1 but now, if it does not have access to the net it goes offline. Anyone else having this problem now?
When you say go offline, are you saying it disconnects from your network?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, I live in the UK, and have recently bought the Hikvision DS-HD1 from the US to replace my broken DS-KB6403. All my cameras (10 in total) and NVR are all Hikvision. The HD1 is not available in the UK. My Hik Connect account will not add the camera to my account. "This device cannot be added" Can the HD1 be used in the UK? Do I need a UK / EUR firmware? Should I have bought the EzViz, which is available in the UK?

So many questions, sorry. Any help would be good.
Sorry for late reply, you are referring to Hik-Connect the App correct? Have you tried EZVIZ App, or Guarding Vision App?

Last edited:

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for late reply, you are referring to Hik-Connect the App correct? Have you tried EZVIZ App, or Guarding Vision App?
Do not use the app just BIris.

It works fine, it just goes offline in BI if I block it from the internet now. It just started doing this in the past week. Block it, goes offline, unblock comes back in about 30sec. Even turned off all the npt servers as crap in the cam options. They did some thing too it some how. It has access to the net for a short time when I swapped out the modem and now it must have internet access.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not use the app just BIris.

It works fine, it just goes offline in BI if I block it from the internet now. It just started doing this in the past week. Block it, goes offline, unblock comes back in about 30sec. Even turned off all the npt servers as crap in the cam options. They did some thing too it some how. It has access to the net for a short time when I swapped out the modem and now it must have internet access.
My App question was to SteveJ3333

I have a LaView DB running LaView's firmware 24/7 to BI and have not experienced your issue. My question is, what version of BI are you running, there has been many updates you may want to revert back to a previous version...I am actually running on an older version, when I upgraded past this version I was only getting one feed from my Doorbell so reverted back. Probably need to try a newer version again to see if it was fixed.

1626092006050.png

Reaction score
This thread is amazing. Really hoping someone can help me with my feit electric doorbell. Bought one of these from Menards and crossing my fingers it would work with blue iris. To my surprise it did work. 6 months later I bought another one but this one I cannot get to work with blue iris. It shows up on the camera list in blue iris but will not show video. Any one else have a feit that may have this problem?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This thread is amazing. Really hoping someone can help me with my feit electric doorbell. Bought one of these from Menards and crossing my fingers it would work with blue iris. To my surprise it did work. 6 months later I bought another one but this one I cannot get to work with blue iris. It shows up on the camera list in blue iris but will not show video. Any one else have a feit that may have this problem?
I would try VLC and see if you see the RTSP video feed there...

From our 101:
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have and cannot get the rtsp feed in either of them. The one that works in blue iris or the one that doesn't work.
Are the Cams on the same network? Subnet? Is BI or VLC on the same network? Can you ping your Doorbells?
So when you go to Camera Setting/Video/Configure in BI what do you see?

1626096908571.png

If you do not see the RTSP URL, like above then you could download ONVIF Device Manager, I believe it shows the RTSP URL.

For our Hikvision Doorbells it is:
1626097572705.png

Reaction score
This is the camera that works. I did look at device manager and it shows the rtsp as 6668. Tried that and that does not work.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is what inspecting does in blue iris.
So this is my Inspecting:

Opening 192.168.40.19 port 554...
HTTP Get / request...
Failed with HTTP 12152
Opening 192.168.40.19 port 80...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2021-07-12T16:43:26.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: ONVIF
Model: LV-PDB1630-U
FirmwareVersion: V5.2.4 build 190716
GetCapabilities...