New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

dkmcgowan

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think I could see it in Ezviz Studio, don't have batch configurator, I can get that and try next time... Do the DB1 firmwares work on DB1C?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Batch Config is part of EZViz studio and I could see it there. I am running an older version of Batch Configuration which works with ONVIF. Newer versions do not show ONVIF.

You can also make changes with the Windows ONVIF application.

The DB1C does not use the same firmware as the DB1 doorbell camera.

metalexa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had my EZViz for some time now and it works fine with some odd issue. Just wanted to know if it was the firmware or others having the same issue. I flashed the firmware on it with the HikVision firmware.
The ONIF to view the snapshot http://<IPAddress>/onvif/snapshot.jpg load the first time but when refreshing it will not load it again. the browser will just keep trying with no luck.
The 2nd issue is the motion detector on the Batch Configuration. Whatever I try it seems to record all motions even if the sections are blocked out. This in general is fine but is writing extra onto my SD card and I dont need a 10mb file everytime a car drives by on a side street.
Is this a limitation with the firmware or should I reflash?

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had my NSC-DB2 for a while setup through BI with PIR setup as a limited distance trigger. All worked well until last weekend when the camera went out. No power led on the unit at all. Checked the transformer and it was putting out 20.8 VAC at the transformer. Was finally able to pull the Doorbell off the wall, and I am getting 20.7 VAC at the NSC-DB2 screw terminals. Tried resetting power and still nothing for power.

What else should I check to see if this thing can be fixed? It's a mechanical chime and power kit is installed.

I would not even know what to replace it with at this point of I had to go that route.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@thewolf56

Maybe try to remove the doorbell put it on the workbench and connect a new transformer to it. IE: buy a hot spare AC transformer.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Redid the Tasmota ESP01 that is triggered with Hikvision PIR motion using Tasmota rules.

Tasmota Rules documentation ==> Tasmota Rules

Using Tamota rules you do not have to use automation scripts.

Did a rule for the ESP01 relay connected to the OmniPro 2 alarm panel zone.

rule2 on POWER1#STATE=1 do backlog publish2 Omni/HikVision_PIR/Motion1 ON; ruletimer1 5 endon on rules#timer=1 do publish2 Omni/HikVision_PIR/Motion1 OFF endon

rule2 1

Omni/HikVision_PIR/POWER = ON
07:49:07 RUL: POWER1#STATE=1 performs "backlog publish2 Omni/HikVision_PIR/Motion1 ON; ruletimer1 5"
07:49:07 MQT: Omni/HikVision_PIR/Motion1 = ON (retained)
07:49:07 MQT: Omni/HikVision_PIR/RESULT = {"T1":5,"T2":0,"T3":0,"T4":0,"T5":0,"T6":0,"T7":0,"T8":0}
07:49:08 MQT: Omni/HikVision_PIR/RESULT = {"POWER":"OFF"}
07:49:13 RUL: RULES#TIMER=1 performs "publish2 Omni/HikVision_PIR/Motion1 OFF"
07:49:13 MQT: Omni/HikVision_PIR/Motion1 = OFF (retained)

You can check on your MQTT messages using MQTT explorer ==> MQTT Explorer for Windows,iOS and Linux.

You can set up the PIR event triggers using mcsMQTT on Homeseer or the built in MQTT stuff on Home Assistant.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had my NSC-DB2 for a while setup through BI with PIR setup as a limited distance trigger. All worked well until last weekend when the camera went out. No power led on the unit at all. Checked the transformer and it was putting out 20.8 VAC at the transformer. Was finally able to pull the Doorbell off the wall, and I am getting 20.7 VAC at the NSC-DB2 screw terminals. Tried resetting power and still nothing for power.

What else should I check to see if this thing can be fixed? It's a mechanical chime and power kit is installed.

I would not even know what to replace it with at this point of I had to go that route.
Check out our Doorbell 101 we have a Troubleshooting section, there may be things you have not tried...

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check out our Doorbell 101 we have a Troubleshooting section, there may be things you have not tried...
Thanks David, I checked the 101 before looking into the transformer. It's over a year old and has to deal with AZ heat. The 101 is a great source of information. I really liked my Nelly's version with ONVIF functionality. Didn't like the PIR lens being destroyed from people mistaking it as a the doorbell button.

Is there anything I should check at the power kit? Last idea I had, but wouldn't know what to look for specifically.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks David, I checked the 101 before looking into the transformer. It's over a year old and has to deal with AZ heat. The 101 is a great source of information. I really liked my Nelly's version with ONVIF functionality. Didn't like the PIR lens being destroyed from people mistaking it as a the doorbell button.

Is there anything I should check at the power kit? Last idea I had, but wouldn't know what to look for specifically.
I live in TX, my DB has registered 140 degrees during the Summer, this is my third Summer with this Doorbell...
So you mentioned you are not getting any lights at the Doorbell correct? Have you tried Reset? Do you see any lights at all when it tries to Boot?

1622507083955.png
A few things to try too:
If you are unable to get your Doorbell to RESET; try completely Removing Power to the Doorbell (Turn off your breaker or physically disconnect your Doorbell from Power) for at least One Hour or until you see no more lights. The Doorbell has an internal battery that needs to drain enough to properly do a Full Reset. - VorlonFrog - Tomgar - NickTheGreat, NickTheGreat
SOLID RED BUTTON LIGHT; = BRICKED!!! (UPDATE: We have a solution to fix bricked DBs, try this by - Skinah or argus) (So Far (as of August 2020) THREE people to date has been able to recover their Doorbell past this point/problem, see usafltg)

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I live in TX, my DB has registered 140 degrees during the Summer, this is my third Summer with this Doorbell...
So you mentioned you are not getting any lights at the Doorbell correct? Have you tried Reset? Do you see any lights at all when it tries to Boot?

View attachment 91171
A few things to try too:
If you are unable to get your Doorbell to RESET; try completely Removing Power to the Doorbell (Turn off your breaker or physically disconnect your Doorbell from Power) for at least One Hour or until you see no more lights. The Doorbell has an internal battery that needs to drain enough to properly do a Full Reset. - VorlonFrog - Tomgar - NickTheGreat, NickTheGreat
SOLID RED BUTTON LIGHT; = BRICKED!!! (UPDATE: We have a solution to fix bricked DBs, try this by - Skinah or argus) (So Far (as of August 2020) THREE people to date has been able to recover their Doorbell past this point/problem, see usafltg)
Hi David,

I did try the reset button. No lights come on at the application at power, but the multitester shows about 20 VAC at the screw terminals on the back of the doorbell.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you disconnected power for an hour or so and tried to reapply power to clear the battery/settings?
You have a year warranty if the DB is dead.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you disconnected power for an hour or so and tried to reapply power to clear the battery/settings?
You have a year warranty if the DB is dead.
Hello David,

I did try removing it from power for over an hour. Unfortunately, my 12-month warranty expired quite a while ago.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
i may have asked this same question before. but cant seem to find the answer.

have the RCA variant, and have loaded the LaView firmware. I did the reset by accident, so now the user and pass wont line up in the app. I used IVMS4200 and inputted my SSID and password to get through the app.

but now im lookin at installing the db1c and would like to sell my older RCA.

Anyway I get can this back to the rca firmware with the stock credentials that came with the RCA doorbell?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i may have asked this same question before. but cant seem to find the answer.

have the RCA variant, and have loaded the LaView firmware. I did the reset by accident, so now the user and pass wont line up in the app. I used IVMS4200 and inputted my SSID and password to get through the app.

but now im lookin at installing the db1c and would like to sell my older RCA.

Anyway I get can this back to the rca firmware with the stock credentials that came with the RCA doorbell?
You can still download the last RCA firmware from EZVIZ site (see below I just tested it), I also Zipped/Attached the two RCA firmwares I got, I believe the one with the I in the filename is for International, but that is just a guess from several here.

From our 101:
RCA (HSDB2):
(Jan 30, 2019) Build 190124

1622688398373.png

You may want to follow Alex's firmware guide. I believe a Reset of the DB after the upgrades seems to be the big change from when we all just upgraded way back without Reset.

⦁ HERE IS A MORE ADVANCED STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO UPGRADE/CHANGE YOUR FIRMWARE - alexdelprete

Here is what Nelly's suggested, we had a family move 12/2020 and wanted to leave the DB for the new owners. Be sure to delete your account on the cloud through the App. I would start with removing the Doorbell first. Then Delete your account. Sorry you have to read from bottom up...

This is a transcript of a conversation you had on www.nellyssecurity.com:

Kyle

Youre very welcome David, and you as well!

David

appreciate your help, have a good day

Kyle

no problem!

David

ok great, thanks

David

just thinking of the wifi settings

Kyle

You can press and hold that small white button. However upon the setup, the next owner will have to do that anyway

David

ok so no reset on the doorbell?

Kyle

Correct, if you remove it from your Guarding Vision account, thats all that needs to be done. So the next owner can add it to their account.

David

Hi

Kyle

Hey David

David

Question; I would like to sell my DB2 Doorbell, I will be moving, what do I need to do, unregister in App and do a Reset on the Doorbell so the new home owners can use it?
To send a reply to the www.nellyssecurity.com team simply reply to this email

HTH

Attachments

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
You can still download the last RCA firmware from EZVIZ site (see below I just tested it), I also Zipped/Attached the two RCA firmwares I got, I believe the one with the I in the filename is for International, but that is just a guess from several here.

From our 101:
RCA (HSDB2):
(Jan 30, 2019) Build 190124

View attachment 91339

You may want to follow Alex's firmware guide. I believe a Reset of the DB after the upgrades seems to be the big change from when we all just upgraded way back without Reset.

⦁ HERE IS A MORE ADVANCED STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO UPGRADE/CHANGE YOUR FIRMWARE - alexdelprete

Here is what Nelly's suggested, we had a family move 12/2020 and wanted to leave the DB for the new owners. Be sure to delete your account on the cloud through the App. I would start with removing the Doorbell first. Then Delete your account. Sorry you have to read from bottom up...

This is a transcript of a conversation you had on www.nellyssecurity.com:

Kyle

Youre very welcome David, and you as well!

David

appreciate your help, have a good day

Kyle

no problem!

David

ok great, thanks

David

just thinking of the wifi settings

Kyle

You can press and hold that small white button. However upon the setup, the next owner will have to do that anyway

David

ok so no reset on the doorbell?

Kyle

Correct, if you remove it from your Guarding Vision account, thats all that needs to be done. So the next owner can add it to their account.

David

Hi

Kyle

Hey David

David

Question; I would like to sell my DB2 Doorbell, I will be moving, what do I need to do, unregister in App and do a Reset on the Doorbell so the new home owners can use it?
To send a reply to the www.nellyssecurity.com team simply reply to this email

HTH

so no way to just put the new DAV file on the doorbell via the SD card?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so no way to just put the new DAV file on the doorbell via the SD card?
Yes...Let me find the writeup, but this method was usually used on Bricked DBs...I don't see why you can't point to the .dav file through Hik's software...

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes...Let me find the writeup, but this method was usually used on Bricked DBs...I don't see why you can't point to the .dav file through Hik's software...

yea, that may be the easiest.. ill try it tomorrow

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So these are these are the post of putting the .dav on an SD-Card...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only problem I remember anyone having with a RCA is upgrading to Nelly's firmware, several got bricked DBs. Going back to RCA's firmware, I would assume should not be any problem.